cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive response from OANDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am making a RFC synchronous call to the Oanda exchangerates service to get the current exchange rates .

Here i am using SOAP adapter at the reciever side to send the query string as request to Oanda and recieve back the response.

Here the scenario is triggered by a plain request from RFC . The required currency conversions details are given as input string in the Target URL in the reciever SOAP adapter as follows:-

TargetURL:-  http://www.oanda.com/cgi-bin/fxml/fxml?fxmlrequest=<convert><client_id>Registered_ID</client_id> <expr>USD </expr><exch>USD_GBP_EUR_AUD_CAD</exch></convert>

Here to make the HTTP connection with Oanda , in the conversions parameters of SOAP adapters i have checked the options:-

Do Not use SOAP envelope

Use Query String

Once the scenario is initiated i am getting the following error .

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: No SOAP Envelope but 1 {}ERROR; HTTP 200 OK</SAP:AdditionalText>

Please guide :-

What configuration i am missing in the Reciever side in SOAP adapter?

Whether to use HTTP adapter in place of SOAP adapter at the reciever side? If HTTP is used please guide the steps to configure the same to have the synchronous communication possible .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

I would use the SOAP-AXIS adapter.

Check the Gregor's answer and Michal's blog: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3163761 and dont forget to like or rated their collaborations if they are useful for you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki,

The blog you ae referening is for sender soap channel.

My scenario is RFC <>PI<>SOAP

i am getting the reply back from the website but it is not able to recognise the url request it seems.

It is giving me back the response hat invalid client id,though when i put the url in IE ,i can see the xml there.

rajaniduddupudi1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

How did you resolve this issue. Could you please share with me.

Thanks

Rajani

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargavi.

Are you using a Java code to call the OANDA Web service?

we have a kind of same scenario. Can help you out.