cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial numbers are not coppied to inspection lot

0 Kudos

Hi ,

In our case we have a Purchse order having 50 line item of the same material( 1 qty each per line item) . After goods receipt system has created correctly 50 inspection lots  but the issue is that system has coppied the serial number for first 25 items (inspection lots)only and in rest 25 inspection lots serial number are missing. I have checked the GR serial does exist for all the 50 line items in GR document.

Need input to know  this behaviour of system.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
check 
  SAP Note 26443 - Serial number not copied into inspection lot.

Hi,

If You want to assign serials to inspection lot (table SER04), You have to add operation QMSL to serial profile assigned to material.

1. SPRO->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Master Data in Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Technical Objects->Serial Number Management->Define Serial Number Profiles

Mark your profile and chose Serializing procedures

ENTER

QMSL    Maintain inspection lot    03    02

2. Assign profile to material master MM02 in "General Plant Data / Storage 2 view"

3. Mark "Serial number poss." in MM02, QM view inspection setup.

After GR from production serials will be assigned to Incpecion Lot.

Best regards

Wojciech Adamski

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems very odd. You obvious have serial numbers turned on in the 01 inspection type and you go 25 inspection lots created with serial numbers but the last 25 were not?

I think you need to do some more troubleshooting in a development or sandbox system.

I would create PO's with order amounts of 20, 40, 50, 60 and 100 respective and receive them all in. 

Are your resutls consistent?  Do all order sizes result in 25 lots with serial numbers and the rest without?

Are all all orders split?  Half with serial numbers and half without?

Are they random?

This almost sounds like a bug in SAP were maybe the buffering size of a number range is not big enough or something and it runs out of serial numbers for the remaining lots.  25 seems like a very 'round' number.  Why not 23, or 19 or 27?  Hence why I think you need more testing.

I'd also like to know what happens if you try to record results and make a UD on one of the lots with no serial number.  Does it error out?

With the info provided so far, I don't have any concrete ideas for you.

FF