cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call sap standard screens using webservice through PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

We have a requirement to integrate SAP system with external webbased system using webservices through PI.

1. Is it possible to call sap standard transactions like ME21N/ME22N/ME23N/standard screens using webservices through PI from external system using webservice URL?

2. If yes, can some data pass from external system to websevice to default in sap before calling trasaction?

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1. Is it possible to call sap standard transactions like ME21N/ME22N/ME23N/standard screens using webservices through PI from external system using webservice URL?

yes this is possible but not advisable - as you should be using standard BAPIs instead

BAPI_PO_CHANGE

BAPI_PO_CREATE1

so create a WS on PI - which the external system will be calling but you will call RFC from PI (or proxy) which will call those BAPIs instead - this is the best way

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

If we can call the standard screens directly then please advice the approach...

because we have a reuirement to call multiple traactions from external system and it is not posssile to develop weservices and applciation logic for each transaction.

Thanks

Sai

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>call multiple traactions from external system and it is not posssile to develop weservices and applciation logic for each transaction.

1. it's already there... you can expose the BAPIs are web services so you don't have to develop any logic yourself you just need to populate the values of the WS exposed BAPI and you're done - as easy as it gets

2. Please don't calls recorded transactions from WS - it will be a real pain for support later on due to errors and rollbacks, etc. -  BAPI is the best and proper way - I'd strongly not advice calling screens

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

It isn't that simple as calling screens of standard SAP transactions via web services. You would need to divide the whole logic into a few crucial parts, like: application logic in the web-based system, connections via web service, over PI, to SAP, to create, change and get data of an existing Purchase Orders. If you go this way, then:

@1. Yes, it is possible to create, change and get data of a Purchase Order over a SOAP web service, once you build the logic in PI properly.

@2. Yes again - you can call the web service with some parameters that will be passed to SAP.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

please provide some inputs on the first option.

Thanks

Sai

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way that i know to call sap transactions and considering that they are user-interface is with a batch-input where you chose the user decision step by step.Finally you wrap it with a RFC.

The best way as Michal says, it is with the BAPIs.

Regards,