Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up CCLM for ABAP Clearing Analysis with SolMan 7.1

BMEIJS
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use Solution Manager 7.1 and Custom Code Lifecylcle Management (CCLM) to set up a clearing analysis of unused Custom Code objects. For this, I don't want to use the ST03N workload analysis files, but the new option of collection the information the systems gather on use on procedure level (comparable to what Code Analyzer does, I think)

However, I cannot seem to find a complete step-by-step cookbook to help me. Some questions that I have are:

- what do I have to do to activate the information gathering that CCLM is based upon. Do I have to active a specific Plug In, activate something in the profile?

- Which steps do I have to take on the solution manager system to collect this information. Do I have to build a library of custom objects on SOLMAN first?

- Can I run simple reports on the SM71 system itself, or do I need a separate BW system?

Thanx in advance for any advice,

Ben meijs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Clearing Analysis (CA) is part of CDMC

In the setup of CDMC, you schedule different jobs on the statistic system (usually the production) to collect, among other things, the usage of your custom objects. The usage is based on the Statistics of your system (ST03N)

If you refer to UPL (the new Usage Procedure Logging), which collects also dynamic calls of your custom objects, then I confirm it is not yet possible to use this information in a CA project

The UPL stores data locally on your statistic system (with a retention period of 14 days) and it can be extracted in Solution Manager (in the BI of Solution Manager)

So far (until the release of THE support package that will make possible to have usage statistics from UPL) I guess you'll have to work with the Statistic data only

Fabien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabien, is this a Sp6 innovation or something we need to wait till Sp8?

Thoughts?

BMEIJS
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for your answer. It's indeed UPL that I'm looking for. I was not aware that UPL doesn't work yet for CA. I thought that using UPL for CA was part of Solution Manager 7.1 so I'm a bit surprised that I have to wait for THE support packages. Is there a statement from SAP somewhere stating this? (Not that I don't believe you, but it would make it easier for me to convince my customer.

Grt

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

The UPL topic came up in a workshop with my customer and SAP. Nothing formal unfortunately, except that CA doesn't support usage statistics from UPL yet. SAP raised that point to their development team but I have no clue on when/if it will be available

Nevertheless if this is a must-have, you can create your own program to collect informations from UPL and update the CDMC table accordingly. Insert the name of your own program in table CNVCDMC_STAT_PRO (which contents all the programs that run on the statistic system) then when activating the Statistics Collection in the Global Settings a new job will be created for your custom program

And as long as data is in the CDMC table (whatever source is used to collect the information) I suppose you can use it in your CA projects

Fabien

BMEIJS
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabien,

That really helped me. I'm going to try if I can get to this UPL data and write my own program for this.

Cheers,

Ben Meijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

From ST-PI SP 08 , UPL is integrated with CDMC. If you are having ST-PI SP 08 then when you execute CDMC activity 'Activate Statistics Collection' in GLobal Settings phase ,in the SAP Solution Manager Control system system will schedule one more job to collect UPL Statistics from the Solution Manager BW cube, apsrt from the default three jobs in the Statistics system.

Please refer SAP Note 1887073 For more inforamtion.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184896
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben, I believe the UPL data is available in SP10 for Solman 7.1 for CCLM/CDMC.

Cheers James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Are you aware of the settings needed in CDMC, if you perform the CDMC settings correctly, most data in CCLM should be available.

service.sap.com/rkt-solman

should have a section for custom code management. I can see all settings and steps are detailed there.

Cheers!

BMEIJS
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Invyctkus,

Thanks for your answer. I am aware of the CDMC settings etc.

If I activate statistics collection in CDMC, the usage data is from the workload analysis (ST03N).

However, what I need is usage data from another source that should be available as of 7.1.

I have been told at a Solution Manager training that I attended that as of 7.1, it should be possible to get usage information of every procedure (method, function, routine) that is being called in a SAP system, thus giving the exact information that I need. But I can't figure out how to activate this. This topic was not covered during the training which was based on 7.0.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checkout here

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000888472011E

you attend expert guided session on 7.0 ? if so can you answer some of my query here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3200907

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am now config CCLM in SLM 7.1 SP6, I uploaded the XML of SAP, schedule data extraction successfully, but I don't know how can I fill data into library. how ca i fiill the managed system package to the CCLM, could you kindly help, thanks very much.