cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROLES an employee has in on portal (UME)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i want a repor in SAP R/3 backend which shows me the PORTAL roles a users has on portal? is there a report?

how can i get this report? or is there an alternative way?

report is so i can see the same suers in backend which shows what roles he/she has?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

What version of IDM? The views are different when you use 7.2.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

the version is 7.2

just of interest version 7.3 maybe used later too.

i appreciate answer from yourself Matt

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you referring to the version of your CE or Identity Management? 

Please be aware that although it says "Identity Management" on the UME of CE, that is not SAP NetWeaver Identity Management. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

its IDM.

please advice if a report can be used in R/3 showing roles aemployees have on portal

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There isn't a 7.3 version, that's why i was asking.

Try using BW reporting solution for IdM.  It has the report you require in addition to other reports that may be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

it currently at 7.2 and not 7.3

what can we do to extract a report?

any document~?

cheers

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

There is some documentation on getting data using BI Warehouse, but basically it's all about the query.  Most data will come from the idmv_values_ext_active table, but some will also come from the idmv_values_link (I'm doing this from memory, so the names might not be exactly correct.  After you have the queries, you can put them into your favorite reporting tool and format as needed.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's an example of a query to extract all users and roles.  This is also from memory so some of the names may be wrong.

select Person.searchvalue, Role.searchvalue from idmv_value_basic_active Person, idmv_value_basic_active Role, mxi_link L where

L.mcThisMSKEY = Person.mskey and

L.mcOtherMSKEY = Role.mskey and

L.mcOtherEntryType = (select ocID from MXI_ENTRYTYPES where ocName = 'MX_ROLE') and

Person.AttrName = 'DISPLAYNAME' and

Role.AttrName = 'DISPLAYNAME'

after this you could further narrow it down on what type of Role, privilege, etc you want.

If you want technical roles, substitute 'MX_ROLE' with 'MX_PRIVILEGE' and then if you only wnat a give repository narrow it down with another statement in the where clause such as

Role.searchvalue like 'PRIV:<repositoryName I want to see>:%'

There really isn't a document on how to write the queries because the possibilities are endless, and the tables in IdM are pretty straightforward and easy to understand how they link together.  It just takes some legwork to dig in.  As you can imagine, the reports can get extremely complex, we have queries at my current client that are 3 pages. Hope this gets you started in the right direction.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afternoon Chris,

just to confirm the following is confirmed on the system:

NW 7.01 SP7.

so, if i am right the above is executed in the portal? or backend?

will it give me the user/employees and roles they have in R/3 and portal?

cheers Chris

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it has to be executed on the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

many thanks for the responses:

just wanted to check on the INDEX issues with HR, is there a way of improving INDEXES.  what i mean sometimes the ORG values on the backend/R/3 arent the same as the PORTAL ORG values i.e less employess are being seen on portal than R/3 ? ?

i wanted to know whether INDEXES can be improved and whether a document/solution exists?

thanks in advance