cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Classification data coping from MSC2n to material master classification charac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please help me to fix the problem what we are getting,

problem:

we want to know how we can update the characteristic values in mater master based on msc2n characteristics values.

is that any other way to do it please explain me.

Thanks,

Kiru.S

+91 9739490088.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Genarally result recording values moves to Batch.

But you wnat to transfer values of batch to material master? generally this is not the case.

can you let us know your exact requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for the reply,

Batch header data can update into the material master classification batch characteristics...?

if yes then how it gets updated.

Thanks,

Kiru.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO...I have not seen it !

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that any background process happening or how it s can any one help me on this ASAP.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm totatally with Sujit on this.  You can not transfer batch characteristic values from MSC2n into the material classification view.

But I'm still not 100% sure we have yoru requirements.  I think you might be wanting to transfer a batch value into the 001 materail class characteristic value?  If so, this also cannot be done.

001 material class characteristics are for values that DO NOT change from batch to batch.

022/023 batch class characteristics are for values that DO change from batch to batch and are stored in the batch records (MSC2N).

The 022/023 values in the material master are usaully empty unless you have a spec to be maintained for the material that is different than the spec maintained in the class.

I hope this helps.

If not, you are going to have to give us much greater detail around your requirement and WHY you are attempting this.

FF