cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after FP3 installation: getting universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

yesterday we installed the new features of FP3 through the installation of Service Pack 4. Today we want to create a dashboard based on a BEx Query.

But when I try to connect to a query via Query-Browser I receive the following error instantly:

"Failed to connect to BI Platform. If this error keep occuring then refer to SAP Note 1668437 for troubleshooting."

I tried to solve it with the help of the SAP Note (27.12.2011) but the error seems to be different. The URL  SI_ACCESS_URL was resolved in the browser instantly without any problems...

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Markus, try this.

Open your HOSTS file an add the information of the server including: IP_ADDRESS, SERVER_NAME and COMPLETE_DOMAIN for exampe:

10.1.1.172   myboserver    myboserver.com.mx

That worked for me.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I faced this same issue today and was able to resolve following two basic steps:

1) Checked CMC for FQDN, followed by check on the hosts file found in path "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc". I had removed the ID and used the correct name there. Also please ensure concurrence between the entries in host file and CMC -> Applications -> Web Service Name.

2) I checked the privacy and content policies on the Internet Options of Internet Explorer [Main Browser used for portal activities], I had reset them to a lower security level than current with pop-ups allowed from this portal and other content and trust level activities. After adjusting them I was able to successfully re-login and goto my dashboards.

Regards,

Abhishek Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same Issue, when I am trying to add Query, the error: "Failed to connect to the BI Platform. If this error keeps occurring then refer to SAP Note 1668437" for troubleshooting".

Those anyone solved this problem?

The SAP Note is not the solution, servers are running, new feature are setup, BICs connection are working perfect in Web Intelligence, hostnames are OK.

Best Regard,

Jhonathan PImienta G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in our case, finally it was a network problem, related with resolving the Fully Qualified Name in the network where the user was trying to access to Enterprise Server.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and as mentioned above the SAP note doesn't help.

Can you give more detail in regards to "Fully Qualified Name in the network"

Any other suggestions.

Dashboards 4.0 SP06

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Fully Qualified Name refers to the host name of BO Server. It´s must looks like http://boserver.sap.com:8080/BOE/BI instead http://4.4.4.4:8080/BOE/BI.

Hope it help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still get "Failed to connect to the BI platform. If this error keeps occurring then refer to SAP Note 1668437 for troubleshooting" when trying to add a query through Dashboard Designer.

I configured everything correctly according to SAP note 1668437 and 1750505 and I can connect to the Apache server fine.

For some unknown reason I still cannot add a query to the dashboard designer.

I have followed all steps - the simple change to Access URL: in Web Service didnt change anything for me

Any other things I can try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

I'm reviewing the download center to try some new patched, question on that;

Do by Dashboard designer need to meet my Client SP versions, for example;

I currently have Client 4.0 SP06, does that mean I have to install Dashboard Designer 4.0 SP06 ; as I see there is a Dashboard Designer SP08 out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Applied Dashboard Designer 4.0 SP06 Patch 11 (the newest release), still having the same error message;

"Failed to connect to the BI platform. If this error keeps occurring then refer to SAP Note 1668437 for troubleshooting"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, are there a solution for this problem? We are facing de same issue in Dashboards 4.0 SP04, when trying to get connections data from BO Platform, through VPN connection. Access to CMC works fine, and we can publish solutions to platform.

Of course, Dashboards works fine in local network. Note 1668437 doesn´t aply, since browser resolve SI_ACCESS_URL without problems.

In local HOST file, we´ve assigned IP to fully qualified name of the server.

Thanks in advance.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you 100% sure the new features were activated?  (after installing the SP04 'patch', you have to go back and 'modify' the base install, tick/activate the new features)

Are all your dashboarding processing servers up and running?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thanks for your reply. You were right, i missed to activate the new features in the server patch installation.

But I have done this now and nothing really changed. I am still not able to work with the query bowser to see a universe or BEx Query.

I would appreciate your further help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can this may be a problem due we changed the server address from http://hvrz00na.xpc.sbx.de:8080 to  http://hvrz00na.ww932.xpc.net:8080 ?

This was in january this year. I did already changed the CMS name and cluster name. All other tools like IDT, Crystal and Webi (beside publishing a BI Service) are working fine..

Have I missed something?

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Can you please give some information on activating new features?

" You have to go back and 'modify' the base install, tick/activate the new features "

I am using BO 4.0 SP4..

Regards,

M

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's exactly as i've written there.

You install the SP04 update onto your system. Once  completed, the only option is to uninstall it:

Then you  can Modify the original installation to select/enable the new features:

notice how the version number has changed?

you have to do this for Client Tools, Crystal for Enterprise, Dashboards

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I did these steps but nothing changed. My Dashboards is still not able to open the query browser accordingly...any suggestions?

regards,

M

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

i just made the association with your OSS 568993 / dashbord error after update .

So i've made some enquiries internally, and have positionned some resources to support your engineer.

Please ensure that your services are up-and-running on the BIPlatform, especially:

Dashboard Design servers + Webi Processing Server + dswsbobje web service  are 

Also, you need an up-to-date and supported adobe flash installation locally. 

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have the same problem. We change also the domain of the machine, modified the cms and cluster name but the problem remains.

Did you fix yours ? If yes what did you do ?

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes we could resolve this issue! it was a setting in the CMC which had a typing error.

IN CMC > Applications > Web Service we had the follwing path:

https://server:8080/dswsbobje/

The last / was caused the problem:

It works now with:

https://server:8080/dswsbobje

Regards