i have a BW system relesea 7.01.

1 server for the centrale instance ABAP

1 server for the Oracle database

2 servers for Aplication server ABAP

1 server for the centrale instance JAVA

1 server for the Oracle database

2 servers for Aplication server JAVA

I deployed a SMD on each server.

i am able to configure on Solution manager  system (7.01 SPS 27),  the SMD agent for all systems with Solman_setup ,  except for the Oracle database server

For the database itself , i have configured the DBACOCKPIT.

I don't find the correct process to setup SMD & Wily for a standalone server  ( with database), to collect  CPU and memory usage.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember previous there was a guidance (old Agent installation strategy ppt ) from SAP that said shouldnt install SMD agent on the standalone DB instances and central service instances.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_OBJECT=002007974700000409092009E&_SCENARIO=011000358700... (page no 10)

even It was with the sap note Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents,now the attached guide was totally changed, alligned for the relase sp 7.1 sp05,

We are running sm 7.0 sp28, follwed the old sap rule, didnt installed the agent on central services host.

But you can try by follow the note and below wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

update the status with us.

Thanks,

Jansi

0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

Does it mean I have to install a CCMS agent on the Oracle server to collect the CPU usage?

Until now, i have only installed the SAP host agent.

Thanks

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Christophe

SAP host agent  does collect CPU related data you dont have to do anything.

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

satishra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Wily is for Java or .net applications (not for database )..

refer to SAP Note 1031096 (and attached guide with the note) installing package SAP HostAgent...

alternatively..just a workaround i am thinking of (you can give it a try)..install wily .net agent on database machine and make database system look like .net system.