SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeted Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In FI GL we have an option to enter planned values for GL accounts and accordingly draw budgteted financial statements. From FM-BCS perspective is it possible to draw budgeted p & l and balance sheet from the data that is updated in FM through FI postings, HCM, MM e.t.c . I wonder if we could do it in FM since not all commitment items are budgetable so how can we do that. If there is any option to draw the same in report painter  based on payment budget please let me know.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can consider using a functionality of 'Budgetary ledger' for this. But, first think if it's really necessary, as this is very specific implementation which should not be activated without real need.

Budgetary reports and FI reports are different domians. The data in the end will be reconciled, but trying to reconcile the reports might be not a good idea from cost-benefit point of view.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hmmm..Well Eli , budgeted profit and loss and balance sheet are part of project scope. So if i activate budgetary ledger then are there any implications involved in doing so. Please guide me. I have not yet worked on Budgetary ledger , is it a complicated solution ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never worked with it, as it's very specific for some companies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I kind of doubt it. Budget can be compared aginst commitments/actuals not GL postings. In FMDERIVE, we manipulate the relationship between GL accounts and commitment items so that the same GL account can point to different CI's in different cases, eg. when a GL account/cost element posts to an internal order, the derived CI is an operational CI (which can be compared with operation budget), while the same GL/cost element posts to an investment order, it derives an capital spending CI and can be compared with capital budget.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

One solution I can think about is BI or BusnessObjects. When you shove data into BI/BusinessObjects, you can redefine the relationships, manipulate / massage the data again. Also, the data source can be from different modules.

0 Kudos

Hi:

Unfortunately we will not implementing BI/BO here so i think i will have to resort on Budgetary ledger. I just want to know are there any implication involved in activation of Budgetary ledger. Please share your experience if any on the subject matter.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

What do you mean by 'implications'? Of course, if you switch budgetary ledger then you maintain another activity and might deal with issues occurring specifically because of this activation, but a part from this, there are no implications.