cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use stateful Iframe with EPCF in CE 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is as follows:

I have a webdynpro application with a view which has a table and a button. On the action of the button it calls an external JSP application(URL) and the user can select some data in JSP application. we have another button in the JSP application, on the action of the button the application should return back to the webdynpro application and the data(from external application) should be filled in our table without losing previous data.

I have tried using suspend and resume plugs and it worked fine but when deployed in portal as an iview it is throwing the following error

"com.sap".tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException:

Suspend-Plug must no be triggered when running in portal. Use portal navigation instead to navigate to another application!"

Now I am trying to use  Stateful Iframe concept with EPCF. Please tell me is it possible in CE 7.0?

Please suggest me a solution if you have come across this scenario and know how to solve this.

Is there any other way to achieve this ? Ideas Welcome!!!

Thanks,

Gobinath Palanichamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about stateful IFrames, but you can use Portal navigation for this.

From the JSP page, you can use EPCF.donavigate(web dynpro url iview, parameters)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Is it possible to navigate  from  WDA to an external application(jsp)  and bring data from the external(jsp)application back to WDA using EPCF.donavigate(web dynpro url iview, parameters)..???

Please brief this.

Thanks and Regards,

Gobinath Palanichamy.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can pass params from WDA to JSP and back ..

From WDA, you can use something like - if_wd_portal_integration navigate_absolute

And from JSP you can use EPCM.doNavigate() back to the WDA iview.

You create 2 iviews for these applications..

See the method signatures of each one to get details on how to pass parameters.

Hope this helps.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created two IViews, one is for WDA and another is for External application(jsp in different server)

I can able to navigate from WDA to JSP using the following code

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

"pcd:portal_content/BOSCH_CONTENT_AP/TEST/CONTENT/IVIEWS/ExternalJSP",

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) null,  (String) null,

"Name=" + wdContext.currentContextElement().getName());

Please tell me how to navigate from external application to WDA same time we should not lose any data already existing already in WDA.

The external JSP application is entirely in different server. Moreover i cannot able to include EPCM.doNavigate() in JSP  and how to resume back to our WDA from jsp without losing data?

Do you have any documents related to method signatures ? If so Please share me it would be

helpful.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Gobinath Palanichamy.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh, its an external JSP application? not a PDK JSPDynpage or APC application?

What server it is running on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It is an external JSP application running in different server JBoss.

In my real scenario i am using a different external application (which i dont know) . But for demo purpose we are taking external jsp application to do feasible study.

Is there any way i can achieve this?

Thanks,

Gobinath Palanichamy