cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error <SAP:Code area="ABAP">DYNAMIC_CALL_ILLEGAL_METHOD</SAP:Code>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there Guru's,

I need your help again... I'm newbie in PI.. here is the scenario, in my message mapping, i am parsing an XML enclosed in CDATA.. i've created my own UDF file to parse exact element. it works fine when testing in PI and RWB. but upon generating the Proxy i am having this error

<SAP:Codearea="ABAP">DYNAMIC_CALL_ILLEGAL_METHOD</SAP:Code>... can somebody help me how to solve this? Do i need to activate something on PI side?

Thanks,

Jun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Are you sure that you are calling the Proxy implementing class' method right? It look like a pure ABAP error of calling a wrong method. In newer versions, the name of method to be called is exactly the same as Service Interface name - are you calling this one?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Greg,

'Method'.. are you referring to the proxy name after generating proxy from sproxy?

Thanks,

Jun

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jun,

In fact, it's not "proxy name after generating...", but a proxy implementing class that you generate from sproxy. And this class has some methods (functions of this class):

IF_PROXY_BASIS_INTERNAL~CREATE_FRAMEWORK

IF_PROXY_BASIS~GET_PROTOCOL

IF_PROXY_BASIS~GET_TRANSPORT_BINDING

IF_PROXY_CLIENT~EXECUTE

CONSTRUCTOR

SI_OUT_YOURNAME

First four of them are always there and are part of internal implementation, that you shouldn't use in your code. The constructor is called when you create an instance of this class. And finally the last one is the one you should call. Its name should be identical to the name of your service interface. Also, if you make a call dynamically (like below), make sure there is no typo mistake in your code (co_method_name constant, in my example).

DATA: lo_proxy TYPE proxy_class.

CONSTANTS: co_method_name TYPE string VALUE 'SI_OUT_YOURNAME'.

CREATE OBJECT lo_proxy.

lo_proxy->(co_method_name).

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response but i don;t understand where should i put that line of code of yours? i dont have an ABAP program to trigger the PI's object. this is an asynchronous Service Interface which will be triggered by Process Automation whenever they have an alert. PA should call my Service Interface Outbound to pass on the data, and when  ti receive it on PI, run the UDF to parse XML and after mapped to field structured design for SolMan, send the data back to SolMan. That is the process.

Thanks