cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup a PS-template including networks/activities

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to the PS module and I am wondering how I can setup a template for PS projects including beside WBS-elements also networks including activities. Our aim is to use the same project-structure for many projects (>100 per year).

How can I do that?

I tried following: Via CJ91 I created a standard WBS-template. I was able to copy that into a new project. But in CJ91/CJ92 I don’t see a possibility to attach networks to a standard WBS-template. How can I do that?

Is there another way to use templates or is there another way to utilize completely pre-defined WBS-structures including networks and related activites.

I tried following: If I choose in CJ20n in the menu ‘project--> newproject --> copy project’ I can copy a template. There is also checkbox to include activities. But how can I create a WBS-template including activites?

Txs,

GM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though you need to create std WBS and networks in different transactions. You can still link them. Follow the steps as below:

1) Create WBS with CJ91

2) Create Networks and their activities with CN01 and link the WBS element(either at network header level or for each activity).

Regards,

Mahendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is required to have standard template which is being used repeteatively for many projects.

Follow the steps. Standard template consits set of WBS eleemnts + Network activities which are created hierarchially.

1. Create Std WBS structure using CJ91

1.1 Here you can assign Std Milestones, Texts etc for the selected WBS elements

2. Create Std Network using CN01. here you have mention that for which WBS element NW header is being assinged and Plant

2.1. The next step on another screen, create network activities and assign WBS elements which are for which you wanted to assign these activities.

3. You can also assign Work center, activity type to network activities.

hope the above make sense to go ahead.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a standard network with activities in CN01 tcode. On the 'Total' tab of activities overview, assign standard WBS which you created in CJ91. This will link your standard WBS and network. Then if you copy either std WBS or network the other one will get copied and you can create your project.

Just FYI - You can also use operative projects for copying into new projects.

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards

Shrikant