Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of VAT on freight amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement of as under:

VAT amount is to be calculated on Freight amount too in addition to Basic Excise duty, ECess and Scess.

Tax code is : Excise duty 12+2+1 % (setoff)+VAT 5% (setoff)

Calculation structure is as under: (currency: INR)

1000.00Gross price
120.00ED 12%
2.40Ecess 2%
1.20SCess 1%
200.00Freight
1323.60Subtotal
66.18VAT 5%
1389.78Total

Since, both Excise duty and VAT is setoff. Hence my intorised amount should be 1200 (1000+200 i.e. gross price + freight). All calculations are OK but inventorised price is coming as 1000 only instead of 1200.

Kindly help on this.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please share accounting entries of GR, secondly do check in M/08 if you have marked freight condition statistical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for the reply.

For  info, I have checked the inventorised amount in PO only (header condition). Effective price is okay but inventorised price is not considering the freight amount.

In M/08, Account key accruals has been taken as FR1 (freight clearing) and condition is statistical.

Pl suggest.

regards,

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What are the accounting entries at GR ?

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove statistical check box in M/08 and test it for new PO in you test environment ( testing server) , I think that will sort your issue out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Statistical check was put after your suggestion only..and it was not working then also.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Share the "PO freight condition", "PO history" and "GR accounting entries" screen shot, so that we can come to the solution of this problem.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you post the GR the freight will get added to the material.

you have maintained freight as an accrual condtion. The freight cost may be due to some other vendor and not the material vendor

if the freight is to be paid to the same vendor, make it a freight type condtion without accrual. then it will add up in the total amount due to the vendor. using subtotals ( 6) you can ensure that freight so entered is considered only for VAT and not for excise too.

PO show the cost to be paid to the vendor and is not an exact measure of the material price.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This means that freight amount is not getting loaded on material. What is the accounting entry you are getting for freight amount (200) at GR ?

In standard case, material a/c gets debited and the freight clearing a/c gets credited.

As in your case, material a/c is not getting debited, so to which a/c debit entry is going ?

Also, check in M/06 for the freight condition type what is the "Condition Category", it should be,

"B - Delivery Costs".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Condition cat is 'B' in M/06

In M/08, Account key accruals has been taken as FR1 (freight clearing).

For your info, I have checked the inventorised amount in PO only (header condition). Effective price is okay but inventorised price is not considering the freight amount.

Pl suggest.

regards,

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What are the accounting entries at GR ?