cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO with Qty less than SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts;

We are using SRM 7, classic scenario. The buyer converts SC in sourcing to PO in ERP.

We have a SC where the quantity is 11 EA. After SC approval, the buyer asked for 9 quantities only. After SC approval, the SC cannot be changed by anyone.  The buyer wants to create PO for 9 qty only.

If he converts the whole SC then reduce the PO qty in the ECC, the system will re-open the SC with the balacne qty 2 in SoCo.

How to create PO with 9 qty only, Or how to prevent the SC from appearing again in the SoCo?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can press "reject" button in sourcing cockpit when remaining 2 quantities are there.

Then, cart will be completed and it will disappear from sourcing.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo;

Rejecting the SC with the remaining qty will give a wrong indication that this whole SC was rejected and the buyer did not act on while it he actually worked on.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the SC comes to Sourcing Cockpit for remaining quantity, buyer can cancel the SC item in which case the Sourcing relevant indicator (SOURCE_REL_IND flag = Y) is set  and the Shopping cart doesnot come back to Sourcing cockpit again as it is complete.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushi;

Thanks for your solution. This what I was going to do. But I wanted a systematic way where the buyer himself can prevent the SC from re-appearing in SoCo.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hani,

Thank you for clarifying the scenario. Based on your requirement SAP SRM 7.0 EHP 1 Support Pack 6 have functionality of Editing the Shopping cart in Sourcing Cockpit with workflow enablement.

Please review the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/New+edit+functionality+within+the+Sourcing+Cockpit

If you are on lower support pack the above link mentioned a note and few manually correction which can be implemented to have this functionality activated.

This may be systematic solution you are looking for in order to give power to Purchasing team.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hani,

I am little confuse with your question, You mentioned that you have Classic implementation and buyer goes in Sourcing are you referring this Sourcing as SRM Sourcing cockpit? where buyer see the list of Shopping carts and then convert it into PO? Or Those SC convert into PR in ECC backend from there buyer pick their own Purchase requisition and then convert PO's either through ME59N (Automatic PO from PR) or ME21N manually pull the PR into PO.

If buyer is doing 2nd option Converting through ME59N or ME21N then they can set flag on PR as Closed either in ME52N or while creating PO in ME21N, That way the remaining quantity will not show up again to source.

In ME21N, whenever PR is pulled in under Item Details section --> Delivery Schedule last button (PReq. Closed) can be checked, or through ME52N under Quantities and Date tab. While for ME59N there is option under Other Parameters Set PReq to "Closed" need to be set.

I have attached screen shot below from ME21N and ME52N.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh;

Thanks for your reply.

In our case, no PR is created in the back end. PO is created dirrectly when converting SC in Sourcing cockpit, therefore, your solution cannot be implemented.

Thanks again for your suggetion.