Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy - JDBC - IDOC Scenario using - NW BPM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done Proxy - JDBC - IDOC Scenario using ccBPM. But haven't done using NW BPM. I'm planning to design one now, before I'm proceeding can some one confirm if my assumptions on the below steps are correct?

Scenario Detail:

• Proxy triggers the record to PI Asynchronously
  • PI fetches the record from DB Synchronously
  • PI creates the IDOCs in ECC ( there could be more than 1 records).
  • IDOC Acknowledgement received in PI and update the DB (Document Number, IDOC number etc...)

PI + BPM Illustration:

Proxy triggers the record to PI Asynchronously

PI triggers the record to BPM

BPM calls the mapping program in PI ( to create the JDBC request) [ I guess we can avoid this step]

BPM sends the call to PI and get the response (Synchronously)

BPM sends the DB Records to PI

PI does the mapping and sends the IDOCs to ECC

ECC sends IDOC Acknowledgement to PI

PI Sends the IDOC Acknowledgements to BPM

BPM will wait till the n no.of Acknowledgement received ( n - determined by the no.of DB rows fetched)

BPM calls the mapping program in PI to collect all the IDOC acknowledgement messages together and forms a single message

BPM sends the final call to PI

PI calls the DB to update the Database

Did I understood the BPM process correctly as I listed above? I hope I didn't missed any steps (if not will catch later in the development).

Thanks,

Justin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

When you start working on BPM scenario -- The same requirement(ccBPM) can be repliacted but you have to know the BPMN flow and notations.

PI communicates to SAP BPM using SOAP receiver channes hence you have to create one SOAP receiver channel and create BPM flow in Using BPM Notations.

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2012/05/31/using-netweaver-bpm-for-stateful-...

Please write a blog once you complete your requirement using SAP BPM.

Regards,

Raj

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your response. I have gone through that stuff already, just wanted to make sure that I have understood the BPM process. Surely will post the blog(once I have completed it).

I don't know how to make the below stuff work, but will go through some help to see if I can get something out of it.

BPM will wait till the n no.of Acknowledgement received ( n - determined by the no.of DB rows fetched)

Thanks,

Justin(Raj).

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For linking the acknowledgement to the number of DB rows, you may want to look for equivalent option for correlation in BPM. This way, you can avoid explicit waiting .

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You are correct. Ofcourse I'm going to do Correlation - can't just explicitly wait. I'm just looking for the syntax's on how to do it. That's it.

Justin.    

Answers (0)