Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

look for a custom repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus:

I have installed a MDM7 (full suite).

Could you please tell me how to create a simple custom repository for a demo?

Or how to identify a repository that can be used for MDM because we have have

"repositories" for EP ( I am NOT sure what is the difference between a repository

for MDM and a repository for EP).

Thanks for help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Laura,
I tried to explain both the repositories (MDM and EP), which you are talking about. The meaning of repository in MDM is totally different with repository in EP, technically.
  • Repository in EP: In EP, standard repository is used to store content. It is accessed via repository manger that supports all the CM functions. The CM-Repository uses a database and/or a file system as physical storage system.

To Create repository in EP: Create repository

• Repository in MDM: In MDM,  MDM-Repository is more than a simple database. It inclueds a database of information consisting of text, images, PDF's and other data about each record, up to millions of records for some repositories. MDM-repository can manage Rich Master data, Classification, Product Families, Product relationships and much more. To know more about MDM repository, refer to the below link:

http://help.sap.com/nwmdm -> System Administration and Maintenance Information -> Reference Guides

These guides will help you to understand overall MDM tool and it's functionality.

Hope, this will help you...!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to just demo MDM's capabilities, see if you can use one of the supplied repositories from Business content within your installation folders. it is the quickest way to get up & running & showcase all the features extensively rather than building one from scratch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Laura,

See, i have worked on srm portal for srm-mdm procurement catalog. So according to my knowledge portal is customized or created according to requirement of project, and data (whether it is mdm repository or srm )is projected on portal for procurement. so EP is designed acc to requirement, and data is projected to it. now, source of data may be mdm repository or srm repository or both.

I think i cleared your doubt little bit.

Now to create mdm repository , you need to design your schema first that too very carefully than check to basis team for creation(sorry i am not sure about creation of repository procedure fully).

Regards

Nitish Sharma