cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content of files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My requirement is that I am reading an CSV file from the local system through webdynpro application.

In that CSV file I have a column with Filename in which I am having the path of some image file. Now my requirement is how can I get the  content of those image files as now I cannot show the popup to select the image files from the desktop.

I am having the name and path of the image files in internal table now(through CSV file) but now do not have any idea how to get the content of the image file.

Please help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The web browser/HTTP overall isnt' designed to allow the server to upload any file it wants from the client side.  For security reasons, the file must be initiated by the client.  Otherwise you could imagine the security risks of browsing sites on the internet. 

SAP does have the ACFUpDownload UI element in 7.01 and higher.  It uses a signed Java Applet to get around some of those security restrictions. You must setup the path security in a whitelist in advance, but then you can silently upload files.  You might research this UI element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Mine SAP release is 7.00 and there is no UI element  ACFUpDownload. Is there any other solution?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No. Not on 7.0 with Web Dynpro ABAP. Most of the options (ACFUpDownload or FlashIsland) both would come with 7.01 and higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no one is having any idea?