cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

In sales document the price of the items are about 100$ and after 3 months the invoice has been generated and there is a price variation

which it has to be redetermined in the billing document, how could we do that can any one suggest me plz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lalit
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajendra,

The redermination of the price in billing documents depends upon the copying control settings between sales order to billing delivery to billing. the parameter should be set as redetermine the taxes and copy the price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Dear Rajendra,

For you query i will agree with lakshimipathi , copy control setting ( VTFA) will control whether price will be re- determined or not. in standard SAP if you use billing type F1 the system re- determined the price while creating billing document , if you use F2 ,system will copy the same price.

Dear venu,

I think you have a two doubts.

1) how to re- determine the price in saved billing billing document( not released to accounting )

Go to vf02 --> select line item --> Goto --> item --> item details --> condition tab, here you can re - determine price by clicking on update push button in bottom.( it`s also depends on copy  control sitting, you will not update the billing document which created on standard billing type F2 )

2)  how to re- determine the price in saved billing billing document(already released to accounting )

you can achieve this requirement by Retro active billing process.here we will create debit or credit memo based on price change ( browse the retroactive process so you will get better understand the process how it exactly workout ) .

If you want further clarification , please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will not update the billing document which created on standard billing type F2 )

one doubt here sir , u told me u will not update the billing document  f2 i mean it is possible only f1  pl let me know

thanks a lot for giving idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

i suggest you please open your IDES system and check, than you will get better understand, and comes to your doubt F2 is the standard billing type user for delivery related billing so the billing document created on F2 will not re - determined the price ( we clearly specify the same as price type G in copy control settings VTFA). so the billing document created under billing type F2 are not eligible to update the price in billing, so update push button is in active .

Here i am assign a table that will clarify difference between Standard sap billing types F1 &F2

Difference

F1

F2

LF---- F1 , Pricing Type is "C"

F2, Pricing Type is "G" in standard settings

If you create billing type F1 from LF, then price is re-run , means it will take the latest price.

If you create billing type F2 from LF then Price is copied as it is from the Sales order.

The "Pricing source for F1 billing type is "Sales order"

Pricing source for Billing type F2, "Sales order/Delivery".

Case:

Suppose yesterday you have created an order and delivery document for that, but to-day you are doing Billing.
Suppose from to-day new price is coming into effect in your organisation

if you create F1 type of billing from delivery(LF), then it will ignore the price what was in the order and will take the new price(latest price).

Case:

Suppose yesterday you have created an order and delivery document for that, but to-day you are doing Billing.
Suppose from to-day new price is coming into effect in your organisation.

In this case in if you create F2 billing type from the delivery (LF), it will not take the new price rather it will copy what was in the Sales order.

I am again request you before asking anything put some time and interest on finding the solution,on the process of finding solution you will get more clarity on SAP. if you unable to fine the correct solution SCN family will always help you to get it.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your valuable information on my topic .i stick  to your ideas really it is very helpful

thank you so much . .

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum before posting.  In copy control VTFL, for the field Pricing Type, if you maintain B, then irrespective of your sale order price, whatever condition record is maintained, while creating billing, system will ONLY consider pricing condition.  For example, if your initial pricing condition record is 100.00 based on which, you create a sale order.  So the sale order price will also be 100.00.  Now as you said, if you change the condition record to 150.00 and if you create billing, system will consider 150.00.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

here i am asking you one thing after creating billing also is  it possible.?

i think we can change the price type B in copy control ( if we created delivery then price changed to 150 then it works )

i have confusion here even it is possible after creating invoice also ? ( account document not generated)

Primary my doubt is if invoice created but document not generated to fi then how we can change the pricing  for all items at a time in billing 

thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After creating accounting document from billing document, the conversion rate change from current to the conversion rate mentioned on the sales order.

So if we want to print billing document according to new conversion rate (mainteined by FI Dept.) , so we will have to change on sales order or we can change on billing document lebel ??

Regards,

Ravi Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the billing document you can re determine the price

got billing document  price conditions tab page  and press the update and select the carry out the new pricing  then your price will be recalculated

hope this solves your problem

regards

saurabh Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear i am giving one advise

if ur invoice is not generated ti finance then only it is possible . so cancel invoice go to va05 t code here we can determine new prices for all items

PL ADVISE ME I AM WRONG    

Former Member
0 Kudos

any comments plz