cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group condition in pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can anybody explains the group condidtion feature of MM pricing with ex.

how it is used?

after reading so many threads i have conclude that this mostly used in SD module but also have significance in MM.

pls suggest?

regards

sumit choudhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

This is about the "Group Condition" feature for the Condition type in M/06.

Group condition feature enables the condition type value to gets divided to the PO line items based upon the quantity and price of items in Purchase Order.

This feature is used along with the "Header Condition" feature.

Take freight condition,  FRB1 - Freight Value

You have to activate the "Group Condition" and "Header Condition" feature for FRB1 in M/06.

For Ex - There are four line items in PO which are having equal quantity and price.

Now if you enter the freight value Rs.100 at header condition in PO then system will divide this Rs.100 in between the four line items as 25, 25, 25, 25.

If you increase quantity or price of any item, system automatically assigns more freight value to that item but the total freight value will remain the same Rs.100, only the proportion ratio will change.

This is used when there are number of line items in PO and user will enter a total PO freight value at header level. Then system calculates the proportionate value for all line items and assigns to them.

If "Group Condition" feature is not used and if you enter Rs.100 at PO header level then system assigns Rs. 100 to each line item without dividing it proportionally and the total freight value becomes Rs. 400.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,it mean group condition can not be apply without header condition.

i have a scenario where i want discount to pe depend on po quantity.

we are in telecom industory,here mobile sims are purchase.

if in po sims order qty is more that 1 lakh than 5% discount will be given by vendor.

i want to map this scenario in SAP?

regards

sumit

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Group Condition concept is very well used in MM where Value in condition type which is Group Condition based is distributed among item lines in the purchase order respectively based design of condition type.Like delivery cost distributed among items, where quantum of  line items in purchase order are more like in case of stationary items procurement

Refer links for details:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3160583

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1959801

Regards,

Biju K

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Your requirement can not be done with "Group Condition" feature but can be done with "Scales" feature.

Activate the "Scale Basis" for the discount condition type in M/06 as shown in below screen shot.

Now, create purchasing info record in ME11 and go to "Conditions" tab,

Here select the "Discount" condition and click on "Scales" tab,

Here maintain the "from" quantity and percentage rate,

For Ex. From "100000 EA" the discount will be "5 %".

Save the info record.

Now, create purchase order and enter quantity less than "100000 EA" then there will not be "discount" in PO.

But as soon as the quantity reaches to "100000 EA" system automatically inserts the "Discount" condition with "5 %" value.

Regards,

Shailesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think for group condition to be effective, you need to have a routine specified to specify the grouping criteria. i think the routines available as standard are mostly sales related . but you can have a routine defined and use it

pl see this thread how material group is used in condition grouping in MM

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3143153