cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object-Based Navigation (OBN): Where is configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in Customer cockpit of Netweaver Business client. This application is based on WD component CUST_COCKPIT_COMP. There is functionality there that lets you create new order or quote for selected customer. What happens after you select this option, happens in event handler method ONACTIONGO2SERVICES of component's view CUST_COCKPIT_VIEW. What happens there is OBN call:

call method l_portal_manager->navigate_to_object

exporting

system              = 'SAP_ERP_SalesService'

object_type         = 'salesorder'

operation           = 'create'

business_parameters = lt_kv.

That opens WD/ABAP transaction for lean customer order creation.

My question: I want to replace this call with my own method (to be exact, I want to open standard tcode VA01). But how do I do that? From what I've read, I have to create new transaction iView and use navigation to it, or try and replace standard SAP_ERP_SalesService.salesorder.create, but I can't figure out where this definition is?  How does it know that it should open that particular transaction? If it is on the portal side, the only portal server in my landscape comes up with 0 business objects, so I don't think this particular call utilizes our portal, correct me if I'm wrong.

ERP system is on stack 702, Level 0009.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I managed to find it in documentation for NWBC - I have to maintain menus in roles in tcode PFCG - that's where you define all those salesorder.create, etc. Worked like a charm.

Answers (0)