cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of Business Partner Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to determine the best method of distributing business partner data from R/3 to CRM via XI.

Under CRM 5.0 help for Distribution of Business Partner Data, there are two ways given for distributing business partner data.

1. Replication by means of the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (XI).

2. Distribution via the ALE/IDoc interfaces.

Does anyone have an opinion on which method is best? Method 1 obviously goes through XI, but I'm not sure about method 2.

We won't be using CRM middleware, so that's not an option. We do need to implement XI.

Thanks for any advice you can provide on this subject.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

I suppose that option 1 means integration via proxy interface, that means native XI integration via proxy communication so I would prefer this for the same reason I would prefer the usage of a proxy to all other interfacing technologies.

For scenario 2 you can as well use XI for the integration but without using proxies, in the old way.

So I would go for the first solution, replication via NetWeaver Process Integration (XI), more performant (and obviously Netweaver Oriented).

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

I didn't realize at the time I created this thread that our R/3 system's SAP_ABA component is version 6.20. Unfortunately we won't be able to use the SAP supplied interfaces unless we upgrade to 6.40 or above.

Looks like we'll need to develop a customized solution for our situation.

Anyway, thank you very much for your input.

Regards,

Leo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with ALE/IDOC you can also go for XI (for monitoring purposes, errror handling)

for more about IDOCs and XI

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>