cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallelisation of GRC background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a query two queries regarding the background job processing in GRC. We use GRC 5.3 SP13 on NW 7.00 system. The database is Oracle 11g.

We have installed 6 application servers and each with 2 server nodes. We have configured a Web dispatcher on top of all the instances. We used the web dispatcher link in all of the configurations.

Queries:

1. Whenever any background job is run (in AE,RAR or ERM), when i login to Analysis Daemon Manager through the link http://<host>:<port>/sap/CCDStatus.jsp i'm able to see the Background Job Workers and Web Service Workers for one instance only. I'm not able to see the list for any of the other 5 instances. This happens even if i go through the web dispatcher or if i go through induvidual instances. Can someone explain why? Should this parallelization be defined somewhere? Because of this I feel that the background processing takes a lot of time in our GRC system.

2. In RAR, when i navigate to Configuration --> Background Job --> Search i get the list of the jobs scheduled in RAR and their status. But i also get the error

Job Scheduler status : Unknown error

I've restarted the system completely, still this error is not removed. Can someone explain why?

Please respond for any queries. I've attached both the error screenshots for your convenience. Please help me. I've been breaking my head on these for long now.

Thanks,

Ragav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

Kindly refer the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1790428

Hope you get some useful information!

Regards,

Shreya

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

Have you tried removing 107 entry and restarted the server. Try this and let me know if you get all the threads in bgstaus page.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

Please run a background job, and if it executes the "Not Responding" is related to the bug found and fixed in SP14 (note 1168120).

There are a couple of other notes you should kindly review that are co-related to the issue you are having:

>1282404 - Background job thread count is incorrect, server restarts
>1437164 - Incorrect Analysis Engine config after system copy
>1483366 - Server IP address changed, daemon still uses old ip address

Here are some few more notes which are related to improving performance. I'd recommend you go through 723909 first and complete the others that apply before restarting the system.

>1121978    Recommended settings to improve peformance ris
>1063596    Background Jobs Crashing in Compliance Calibra
>1044173    Recommended Netweaver Settings for Access Cont
>986418     Performance Issues Running Foreground Analysis
>723909     Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0

Please be sure that Dispatcher RFC and Gateway are configured correctly for expected workload.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragav,

For understanding more about the parameter 107, I would recommend you to follow the SAP Note:- 1282404. It will probably help in answering most of your queries.

Or let us know if it doesn't help.

Best Regards,

Akhil Chopra

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavendiran,

The daemon application may be stopped or stuck.

In Visual Administrator go to Services > Deploy and in Runtime tab > servlet_jsp > sap.com/grc~ccxsysbgear and Stop Application.
Start Application and restart the jobs.

Also, please ensure the J2EE settings as per the SAP Note. 723909

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Shreya

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kindly check the entries in the table VIRSA_CC_CONFIG and
check the parameters 105, 106, 107.

Please make sure that the entries are in accordance with the SAP note:

Best Regards,

Saksham Minocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saksham,

Thanks for your info. I was able to check that only one of my application servers in maintained in 107 in my production GRC. So if i change it to the dispatcher URL, after the GRC restart do you mean that the 6 application servers will be utilised for running jobs?

Also, can someone suggest about the Unkown error that i'm getting in my job scheduler status in RAR.

@Shreya Gupta : Thanks for your info, i've already checked it and the note pertains to the JVM parameters only.

Regards,

Ragav