cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Dimensions to Characteristics in PLOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO DP Experts

I am in transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, trying to create Planning Object Structure. I copied chracteristics to the PLOB. All of them show Dimension 1.

I would like to assign Dimension 1,2, 3 to Customer, Product and Country for example. When I click on 'create dimension' button nothing happens. How do I get to create/select dimensions?

Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated

Anton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton

Save the PLOB without activating, get out of the transaction and then go back and edit it. Now you can add dimensions and assign to characteristics.

No idea why SAP has not fixed this for such a long time.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi

Thanks for your inputs.

I saved the plob without activating, exited msdp_admin, came back in again. However this has not helped. All the dimensions are still default one. When I click on button 'Add (dimension)' nothing happens. If I drop down on the column 'Dimension' it still shows value '1' to be picked up. What is supposed to happen when I click on button 'Add'?

Best regards

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton

For a saved PLOB, when you click add dimension, you should be able to see it in the drop down. What you are facing looks like a bug. Search for OSS notes on the topic or raise a OSS message.

Rishi