cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting split mapping created no messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is to split one inbound messages to 2 idocs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I created 1 message mapping and 1 message interface on the repository. I created 1 receiver determination, 1 interface determination and 1 receiver agreement.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Natarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natarajan,

Do you mean two separate IDocs of different types? If so, you can use so called "mapping-based message split" or "multimapping". The general principle is described in this blog:

And your particular case with IDoc receiver (which might require some "special handling"):

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for the response. Yes the idocs are of separate type (DELINS and ORDERS05). The requirement is that confirmed order received in the inbound EDI message should be mapped to ORDERS05 and forecast data in the EDI message should be mapped to DELINS. For this we have created 1 message mapping, 1 message interface on the repository, 1 receiver determination, 1 interface determination and 2 receiver agreements. Please let us know is there anything else that needs to be done?. Also we are using SPS13 of PI 7.1

Regards

Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just run ur scenario...ur configs looks ok...I guess u are already referring Raja's blog for the same, pay attention while creting mapping and OM as shown in the blog..

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your objects checklist is still missing Sender Agreement and Sender&Receiver Communication Channels. Do you have them in place? By the way, the best way to verify if your configuration is complete is to go to the "Configuration Overview" tab page of your Receiver Determination and see if it shows any errors for your desired receiver. Or even better: run the scenario did you experience any problems with that?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg and Amit,

Thank you very much for your help. For some reason the second idoc (DELINS) is not getting produced. I am looking into this right now. When I disable the second idoc, first idoc message got created in PI successfully for ORDERS05. Then when I disabled the first idoc and processed the message, I am getting error Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /ns0:Messages/ns0:Message2/DELFOR02/IDOC/. Is there an easy way to find out where the mapping is failing?

Regards

Natarajan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simplest approach is copy the payload from MONI and test in the mapping tool. Also see whether you miss values for the mandatory fields and their occurance. You will find more details about errors over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Baskar has suggested, chk the condition for the creation of DELFOR02/IDOC...its purely  a mapping issue.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (0)