Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot against sales order.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I want to create inspection lot against same sales order,every 45 day automatically,So weather the lot no will be same or will change.Or is it possible to create same inspection lot no in sap system .

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

Then is there any way or process or ABAP development ,that will create lot for same sales order,pls guide.

Regards,

Asif Saiyed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

I am not so sure about your basic requirement why you need so and it is when while dispatching the material or at the time of customer returns? Which inspection type you are using 10 or 06?

I must agree with FF that it is not possible. But you can explore the functionality of inspection points which you assign in header of inspection plan. As a result of which you can record the inspection results against the same inspection lot (which must be in co-relation with same sales order) many times until you give UD.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I create sales order for non-valuated material, in which i activated 05 inspection type,because we just give service to the customer , but when the material is laying with us we have to check it regularly till it laying with us.So for same sales order i want a quality lot to activate, so how it possible pls explain.If any ABAP development is required pls explain that in brief.

Regards,

Asif

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, Asif, 05 inspection lot is triggered when you receive goods. I guess here you are inspecting the material before dispatching to customer. Correct? If yes the you must use inspection type 10 with inspection points.

Don't give UD to the lot. Go on recording the inspection results against the same lot. When you are done with complete RR, then give UD.

You have also mentioned that you provide the service to customer. Does it involve any material movement?

You can also explore creating manual lot for origin 06. You need to enter reference of sales order in short text in QA01.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes we inspect the material ,but it not before dispatch,we regularly checked the material every 15 days for quality purpose because the material is food product(Rice ,Wheat etc).We not checked the material while dispatch,because its the customer goods,when he want he can take,but when it is in our custody we have to check it regularly.We once make the UD when we receive the material in our custody & give report to customer.Then to maintain the same quality we do regular inspection,so i want the lot to be create against  same sales order.I think u may clearly understand our process.

No we didn't have any material movemnt.

If i create manual lot for origin 06  with sale order reference, will it give complete detail.

Regards,

Asif Saiyed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I got you! Tough scenario for me..! You are in warding and storing  the material against sales order in to your premises. This should be MTO scenario. Hence stocks in MMBE must be reflecting special stock indicator E (i.e. against SO). If you are not using E as special stock here, probably you can not track it sales order wise.

You are preserving these products and at the same time inspecting also. As soon as customer demands you supply these goods back.

The first methodology which came in to my mind for this is recurring inspection; although I never tried whether 09 suits for special stocks like E in your case. Kindly check if this works!

You can activate inspection type 09 in material master and maintain inspection interval as 15 days. You also have to maintain expiry date. I believe if it is a food product it becomes obligatory to work with batch management with SLED.

Run QA07 thereafter with To insp.stock at insp date option. System will generate inspection lot in background against which you can do result recording. You can schedule this job in background so that system will run this program daily and generate auto inspection lots for those batches which have crossed next inspection date.

I am not sure whether 09 inspection lots can be generated with sales order reference. Batch number can be used as unique record to co-relate with sales order.

Regards,

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I beleive that he is not batch managed.  Which would make the 09 impossible.  But I think he should consider it. 

I also believe that for the 09 to work, it must be in unrestrcited inventory.  This material won't be since it is assigned to a sales order.

I would check with an SD guru but I think you can but a reservation against material which is basically a soft hold of the material.  It is not assigned to the order and as such is still in unrestricted inventory.

I think your problem is that your business does not actually want to show the material in inventory since they are not really "ownig" it but are basically holding it in trust, such as during customs.  That makes it very hard for inspections since you basically don't have any inventory.

I can think of one possible way but it is not ideal.  How about if you create an equipment master using the same number as the sales order?  You can then use PM to do regularly scheduled inspections, (i.e. every 15 or 45 days). Once the sales order is executed, you can set up a process to place that "equipment" out of service.  Maybe use workflow or an email or shipping notification or something.

What I can assure you is that you will not find anything standard to address your issue.  You will need to do some development or a slightly "unorthodox" method as described above.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand & Fire Fighter,

Yes we use MTO scenario,& we maintain in special stock.But i cannot used 09 inspection type Because we didn't maintain batch,And as the client has a business of Warehouse ,he didn't have PM & PP module,so i cannot follow the above process which u mention.So pls tell me the possibility or ABAP development which i can used.

Regards,

Asif

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the limitations you have, it sounds like to me you will have to do all custom development to manually create the required lots.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

Its difficult to deal with this without batch management. And it is independent of the system your client (customer) is using as this needs to be mapped in to your system.

I could think of following alternative here. Kindly check if it gets fit to you system as this would be a complete manual process without any integration.

1. Create manual inspection lot with 06 origin through QA01
  2. Enter customer code
  3. Enter sales order number in short text field
  4. This could be visible in QA32. So your inspection lot will reflect both sales order number and customer code
  5. Go on creating such lots as and when required.
  6. You can develop ABAP program if needed to print inspection results or for any other purpose considering short text field as sales order.

Regards,

Anand