cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding External Requirements to existing Bid Invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need to add external requirements to existing Bid Invitations. For example, I go to sourcing cockpit, choose 2 shopping carts to add to work area, select create bid invitation and it creates a bid invitation successfully for all line items of external requirements selected in the work area. Lets say the next day, another external requirement comes in and I want to add this new shopping cart to existing bid invitation. how do i do this? Requirement is to link this new shopping cart to the existing bid invitation. Adding a new line item, or changing qty, etc. does not do this. the shopping cart must be linked to the bid invitation.(i.e. the history tab should have every shopping cart linked to the one bid invitation). I have researched the submit to grouping functionality and this does not meet this requirement as far as I can tell. If you think it will, please elaborate.

SRM SERVER 550

Classic

Plan driven procurement

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Justin - were you able to reach a solution to your original question? We have similar issue where we need to be able to add new requirements to existing bid invitation, or enable existing bid invitation to update with changes to existing requirements.

Thanks

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Once you have created BID invitation and published it,it is possible for adding any new requirement into the created BID.I even looked at option of copying BID and adding this new requirement into the copied BID but it does not behave in the way you are looking.

Although I am looking in extended classic scenario system still I feel that in standard enviornment system should ideally behave in the way it is designed currently.

So,I donot think the way you are looking at is possible.

regards,nishant

please reward point if this helps