SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of article codes

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Articles can be blocked at basic level in article master ,here the requirement is to delete the article codes in SAP so that it should not display in Search items of MM43 /me21n while selecting the code.

If we delete it from table level I found that code is not displayed in search items.Kindly help me if we delete in table level will it be having any impact on generating a sales report .can it be suggested?

Regards,

Saritgopi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritgopi,

It is not recommended to delete any article normally if you are already having sales and procurement done for the articles. The best practice is to mark the article as blocked for procurement & Sales.

You can permanently delete the Article but if that article is having sales and othere transactions then it will

Affect all related transactions. And if there is no transactions / or newly created article then it will not have any major impact.  I think it will help you or you can get back with any query related to this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritgopi,

It is not recommended to delete any article normally if you are already having sales and procurement done for the articles. The best practice is to mark the article as blocked for procurement & Sales.

You can permanently delete the Article but if that article is having sales and othere transactions then it will

Affect all related transactions. And if there is no transactions / or newly created article then it will not have any major impact.  I think it will help you or you can get back with any query related to this.

0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

The articles which are to be deleted are already blocked in basic level.Still does it affect other transactions?

Regards,

Saritgopi

0 Kudos

Hi Saritgopi,

whatever article you want to discontinue you need to Block that article for (Block for Procurement & Block for Sales), after that no need to delete that article and it will not affect any other transaction.

Regards

Anup

0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Thanks for reply.. I got your point that if we block at procurement and sales level it will not affect other transactions.

The current requirement is to hide the article in F4 search while making a purchase order for the user. Especially we are trying to delete the articles which are already blocked at basic level/ procurement and sales.

Please advise what happens if we delete for the sales data already existing?

Deletion of  the article at table level (MARA) or archiving at MM71 is suggested ?

Regards,

Saritgopi

0 Kudos

Hi Saritgopi,

I understand your requirement that you don’t want to have set of articles in records/view list/F4

search option and permanently/physically deleted from system.

For this again remember the material has to have no material movement recorded like no open PR, PO, Production order,Reservation, Stock etc…. then using MM06 you can delete the article.

Usually the deletion process is system is works as follows

First the logical deletion takes place: the article is still in the system, but for all intents and purposes it is unavailable to users. The physical emoval of the data takes place only after a specified interval of time (e.g., 1 year) after the procedure is completed, for safety’s sake. (This time interval is set for each article type in Customizing.) Because this is such a severe action, you
should only do this if you are very sure that you wish to discontinue the article across the board (for example, if the article is no longer available from any vendor or if the manufacturer has stopped making the it).

For more details you can go to the link mentioned below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/af/80d596b1d011d1951100a0c930e0da/frameset.htm

Regards

Anup