Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type 922 does not allow negative stock figures

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi WM Gurus,

My client has a problem while posting a particular material movement.

Client pulls some material from project stock to own stock. The IM movement type for the same is 411Q.

The IM movement triggers a WM Posting Change Notice with movement type 309.

Now, this posting change needs to be processed into TO and the WM bin stocks have to be updated.

While converting the Posting Change Notice to Transfer Order using transaction LT05, I get error message

"Storage type 922 does not allow negative stock figures"

I checked stock WM bin stock for the material/plant/S.Loc/WBS and the stock is available.

The WM mov.type settings are as below:

I found that there is a setting in WM "Allow negative stocks per storage type". If I check this, then system does not give the error and I am able to process the TO. However, in that case, system shows 2 records still hanging in LS24, for 922 storage type, (one for Q stock and other for own stock) which I am unable to clear.

Any ideas how to fix this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelpax
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi I have the scenario below

can someone help me how to process typ 922 in tr-zone

also i have 914

this is zero in my actual inventory, i need to clear this out in ls24

can someone help me regarding this matter.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per standard SAP you should allow negative stock in storage type=922, the purpose of allowing negative stock in interim storage type is to balance stock in IM and WM.

So, In your case when you do 411Q in IM, it will create one "-" quant in 922 as material has been changed in IM but not in WM so this "-" quant balances IM and WM stock. While it creates one "+" quant for unrestricted material as in IM you have posted quantity in unrestricted this balances out again second entry.

Once you create TO against material doc or posting change you can input destination storage type and bin  you can see 4 entries, 2 for 922 storage type, one for source storage type and one for destination storage type, which cancel out each other. When to confirm TO material will be only available in destination bin.

Now if you do not allow "-" stock in 922 how can system balance out IM and WM entries, and even when you trying to create TO system will not find any material in 922.

BR

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for your reply.

When I activate "negative stock" for 922 storage type and process posting change to TO, I end up getting more and more stocks in 922 storage type (more +ve stocks for project stock & more -ve stocks for own stock).

These quantities keep on increasing after every Posting Change/TOs for the material.

They do not get cleared after TO confirmation.

What could be the issue. How do I clear them?

Please see screenshots below:

Bin stock before TO

Bin stock after TO:

Would appreciate if you can explain why this happens and how to correct this problem.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, maybe when you process the TO you shoud transfer the stock from the positive to the negative quantity and not vice versa:

TO:       922 POST-AREA

In this way the quantity doesn't increase, but at the end it will set to zero.

Try and let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned 2nd screenshot after TO creation, is this same after TO confirmation? If not please sceenshot after TO confirmation.

BR

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When I create the TO from Posting Change, system defaults source storage type & bin as

"922" & "POST-AREA".

These fields are greyed out and I am not able to change them (to 001 RACK1) as you suggested.

I can only enter the destination bin in the screen.

Please see screenshot below:

Is it because of the WM mov.type setting for 309 - source & destination storage types and bins have been preset as 922 - POST-AREA? 

Looks like this is a std. setting for the mov.type309  for all warehouses.

Regards

Prabhu

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

The 2nd screenshot shows status after TO confirmation.

Any clues to the cause of the problem?

Have you used same process (IM mov.type 411Q and WM mov.type 309) in your projects?

How does it work for you?

I am really puzzled at the system behaviour in my case.

After activating negative stocks for 922 storage type, there is accumulation of stocks (Q and own). Are you also facing the same scenario?

Should we clear the stocks lying in the interim storage type 922 as a regular clean up exercise?

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

I have checked for sales order stock to unrestricted and it was working perfectly fine as I explained before. System should not behave like this. The setting and process you are following is correct one, during TO creating for PCN system wll pick "922" as source storage bin as material lying there and then you have to specify destination storage bin where you want to move material if you have not specified " post to same bin " in storage type.

I will check again at my end will let you know if I get anything.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From above sreenshot, why quantity in 3rd line change form 4 to 5 after TO creation

BR

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

As I have moved 1no. stock from project to own (411Q), in WM the corresponding change is reflected as below, after TO process.

line 1 shows decrease in Q stock from 3 to 2.

line 3 shows increase in own stock from 4 to 5.

Regards

Prabhu

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal, Romina,

The problem is solved. Actually, the issue was a missing storage type search for Q stock.

In the WM configuration, the storage type search was not maintained for project (Q) stock for the warehouse, for stock removal(A) and stock placement(E).

Once I maintained these 2 records, system posted the entries in WM perfectly, with no hanging stocks in 922.

The point to be noted here is that there is no need to activate negative stocks for 922.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Parabhu,

just one question to understand something more about SAP.

Generally, when I have this kind of problems, to set to zero the negative and positive quantity like in your case, I use the LT01 with the mov.999 and the field source and destination are both clear so I can move the quantity from the positive to the negative stock. I have not a grey field, because I'm creating a manual TO so I can fill both the fields.

Why do you use the mov.411Q? I've never used this movement.

Could you explain me the difference with the Mov.999, please?

Thank you

Romina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Romino, we use WM movement type=999 for internal movement within warehouse and no IM movement happens in this case. While Prabhu is doing posting change, i.e. he is changing stock type=Q to unrestricted, this we have to do first in IM with movement type 411Q, then PCN will get created and you have to process PCN in WM, and in this case your WM movement which is configured for 411Q will come into picture for posting in WM.

Yes generally when there is "+" and "-" stock in WM we use 999 to clear those stock, but that is not correct because when all transactions happens in WM these "+" & "-" stock should get cleared automatically.

BR

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romina,

As Kamal had explained, we use 999 movement to do some pure WM transfers. These are required to complete certain WM movements/transfer postings.

For eg. when we upload initial stock into SAP using IM mov.type 561, systems posts stock into WM storage type 998 and storage bin INITIAL.  As per the standard SAP setting, the mov.type 561 does not create a TR/TO automatically.

One way of bringing this stock to the required WM bin is to use transaction LT10 with mov.type 999.

As you rightly mentioned, we can mention the destination storage type / bin (this would be the actual  bin that the material is in stock). This LT10 transaction would create transfer order in the background which we have to confirm.

But LT10 cannot be used to adjust all hanging stocks. For eg. in my case, there is a +ve Q stock (project stock) lying in 922 storage type which cannot be adjusted against the -ve stock (which is own stock) - since the special stock indicators don't match.

The IM mov.type 411 is used to do a wide variety of transfer postings. For eg. 411K is used to transfer stock from vendor consignment stock to own stock. 411Q is used to transfer project stock to own stock.

Hope I have clarified your queries.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your explanations, now it's always clearer.

thank you very much

Romina