cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple idocs to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement that there will be say for ex: 100 idocs will be triggered at a time and a flat file have to be generated to target.

Am in PI 7.1 version but when i go to idoc adapter there is no idoc packaging option and so i could imagine this is not a updated version.

With this system setup, can anybody suggest best approach on this.

For the time being am thinking to go with BPM...anybody can suggest please on this.

-Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The sender part of your interface is discussed by in one of his blogs: . Thanks to the trick he described, you don't need to involve BPM for your scenario. Then, complete the scenario normally as IDoc to file, the only difference is that you have multiple IDoc occurrence on the sender side.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Let me work on this approach and will update you.

-Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk this blog which shows diff ways of collecting idocs:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-w...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog seems to be idoc receiver end.

my scenario is idoc sender, same idoc type but may be 100 idocs will get triggered at a time.

can this be achieved with this approach, as am confused how these 100 idocs will be collected into a single flat file without a BPM(statefulness)..

-Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u checked approach 3 and 4 in the mentioned above blog??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I have gone through this but i need clarification...

generating idocs to file and from file to file...this is a 2 step process which i want to avoid.

what is your view ...

-Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>...this is a 2 step process which i want to avoid

You dont have much options left so u have to choose any of the 3 approaches - BPM, File port or HTTP port. You can compare the pros and cons mentioned in the blog and then go with any of the approach.

Hope it helps u!!

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (0)