cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate WF Prefix Number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are quite a few questions and explanations about the WF prefix number, how it can be maintained, transported etc.

I would like to know, if there is a need to have this prefix number active or not in a system? Obviously an activation is not necessary. But why does this option exist?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In transaction SWU3, we perform automatic workflow customizing. This creates background user WF-BATCH and an RFC destination for workflow. Before you can create new workflows, you must define prefix numbers.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member184497
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Added to the above mentioned point.

If you are not defining prefix number it will generate workflow number in SWDD with 999 series.

If the prefix number is added then number range will generate as per configuration while creating the new workflow.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that I need to define prefix numbers in case I want to use own workflows/tasks/etc.

My question is, is there a need to have these prefix numbers active or is it sufficient to just maintain them?

Kind regards,

Thomas

former_member184497
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you maintain prefix number in OOW4(Prefix config tcode), the status will automatically come to active status. You need not worry about it.

If it is not maintained then also there is no problem.

regards,

Arun