cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish a web service from SAP provided standard services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to publish a service from SAP provided standard services into our Dev enviroment , I need the complete WSDL URL once the service is published. I am not sure how to do this.

I post the same question on PI's other forum, thanks to Greg's response. Greg is suggesting building the scenario in ESR and ID. I am just wondering does it mean I need to create DT, MT, SI, MM, OM, in ESR and CC, ID, RD, SA,RA in ID? Which part I am invoking the sap provided standard service?

Reaplly appreciate your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Amit,

I think there are no enterprise services on PI ifself - only on ECC

so there is no need to publish anything from PI for this question

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal, Amit, thank you very much for your quick responses. I will take a look at the links you posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Michal, if I need the  WSDL URL for the service SupplierSimpleByNameAndAddressQueryResponse_In, how should I get it?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very simple. You dont need to do anything in PI as Michal explained. Use SOAMANAGER transaction to create service definition in ECC.  When we say create service definition means the output of this process is to generate WSDL. Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Baskar. Is it possible for you to provide bit more step by step details on how to create the servive definition?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SOAManager transaction and follow the michal's above link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in the service repository of my TEST enviroment, if I get a WSDL URL as below, does it mean this web service already published in my TEST enviroment. I masked the host name and the port number because of the client?

http://host:port/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_SUPPLIERSNAQR/wsdl11/ws_policy/document?sap-client=230

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>does it mean this web service already published in my TEST enviroment.

If you find the definition in SR already that means it is already published.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use SOAmanager

as simple as this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b043ef4e-e8d1-2c10-7d88-8077b209c...

no need to build anything in PI for a standard enterprise WS

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

But do u think publsihing it through ESR is a wrong way to do it..reason i am asking becoz i am also planning to do the same but using ESR?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>But do u think publsihing it through ESR is a wrong way to do it

ent serv are sync and in most cases we don't use PI mediation for sync services

(unless there is a special need for that....) so in most cases you don't want to

push sync ent services via PI - you cannot monitor them anyway in PI (sync log is off on PRD) 

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Is it correct then to say that in most cases, there is no need to expose SAP standard Enterprise Services over PI, but still this can be done (if there is some reason to involve PI)?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Got ur point....but in my case Client wants to use PI so i thought of this option.

Thanks!!

Thanks

Amit Srivastava