cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Instruction QM(Printer settings)

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how does printer which we assign in CQ85 gets connected to "Inspection Instruction" option in a inspection lot? From which settings printer get connected to Inspection Instruction.

Regards,

NKB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit

Neel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CQ85 can be used to set up sepcific printers for specific users.  I uisually set up wildcard user.  I.e. user * is set up.  This is usually the case as typically most places want the inspection instructions to print at a specifc printer in a lab or receiving area.  You can set up specific user with their own printers as well because again, they often want their instructions printed to a specific area printer, not necessarily their personal, business SAP printer.

I'm not sure what you mean you want to undertand how it is connected.  The inspection instructions is a list name of LV01.  When that is executed it goes to the table in CQ85 and looks for a match for the user or a wildcard match and then prints to the defned printer.  Many places define the printer as LOCL in which case it will print to the user;s desktop default printer.

FF

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your response. The link is now very clear to me.

Regards,

Neel

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we make inspection instruction print for any specific inspection type only? For Example.: I want to take print of inspection lot with 04 only but not for 01 , 03 etc.

Regards,

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Inspection type you can control whether to Print Inspection Instruction "Immediately at Lot"Creation ,But you can not have control on printing the Inspection Instruction only for specific  Inspection types.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was a bit confused by Sujit's reply myself.  Since print inspection instructions automatically is set up by insepction type, it is controlled by inspection type.

Are you asking if you can block even manual printout of the insepction instructions?  If so, then you can but you have to trick the system utilizing work center printers.  If you assign work centers to your operations and specify wrok center printer in the config for reference order type QM02 (inspection instructions), the output will go to the specified work center printer.

If you then set up the work center without a printer, or a printer that is non-existent in reality, then the instructions can't print.  Define the spool so the job is deleted immediately. So create a work center for those plans you don't wish to have instructions printed for.

This isn't really by inspection type, but you can achieve a similar outcome.

FF

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks a lot

NKB

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neel,

Based on your CQ85 selection, it's the default printer assigned in User Master (SU01D).

Check & revert.

Regards,

Anup

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

It is not a default printer....

Regards,

Neel