cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Mapping while triggering the RFC to SOAP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting the following error in an RFC to SOAP scenario.

Received XI System Error. ErrorCode: EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE ErrorText: null ErrorStack: Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_CHQ_DEPOSIT_; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException: Cannot create target element /ns1:deposit/instrument/employees/employee/share. Values missing i~

It is giving error while in the mapping stage. I have seen eariler post for such error and it had stated thet the target side is asking for the values and since it is not getting it is flashing this error. I completeley agree on that, but I have checked the payload the values are there in the required fields. Two days before also I had posted for such error, but still inspite giving values it continues to give this error.

The values passed are shown as follows in the Inbound message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 

- <rfc:ZTBSL_CHQ_DEPOSIT xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

- <E_CHQ_DET>

- <item>

<CRM_REF_NO>25912</CRM_REF_NO>

<DAT_DEPOSIT>2012-07-08</DAT_DEPOSIT>

<INSTRU_ID>16750023252</INSTRU_ID>

<PAY_TYPE>CASH</PAY_TYPE>

<CHQ_AMT>23595.00</CHQ_AMT>

<CHQ_NO />

<BANK />

<CHQ_DAT>2012-07-08</CHQ_DAT>

<CRE_TYP />

<EMP_ID>15602299</EMP_ID>

<SHARE1>010</SHARE1>

</item>

</E_CHQ_DET>

</rfc:ZTBSL_CHQ_DEPOSIT>

Can somebody guide me on this?

Thanking You

With Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already answered your question in the other thread here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3196534

Please delete this post, as it's a duplicate.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Inspite of maintaing ther values as suggested by you in that thread , I am getting this error. Thats why I have deliberately posted the payload which shows the value thatare required. Inspite of the values shown in the payload it is giving the mapping error

Cannot create target element /ns1:deposit/instrument/employees/employee/share. Values missing i~ 

I am concious of the fact that you had replied but still after maintaning the values as you had suggested  the error persists.

Regards

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target XML and your mapping is required to investigate the problem. Here system is refusing to create target value , please could you check the number of occurrence of the target field and source field. The number of occurrence be  less than required for the source message to populate the target.Please use mapwithdefault (default value) in your mapping for the source fields which are responsible for producing the target field. Try with one to one mapping or map with a constant  value for the specific target field. Check if the error vanishes. This will help you pinpoint exact cause of the error. 

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your message. As stated by you regarding the number of occurence I had checked it and it is correct as required. After that I took the restart of the server through BASIS Administrator and then it started working fine. May be the error would be related with cache...........Thanks for your effort Anupam

Regards