cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE experts: please help Error in posting idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am posting an idoc from ECC 5.0 to 3.1 I system thru ALE/Idoc methodology.

The partner settings, customer model are set up in ECC 5.0, distributed the customer model and I can see the model in the 3.1I system. The partner settings in the inbound 3.1i is creating some issue when I tested the scenario by sending an idoc from 5.0 to 3.1I. The error status is 63 with message "No partner profile exists for sender LS DEVCLNT300, message type DESADV".

Is it mandatory that the outbound process code is same as the inbound process code. Anyways for me, both the process codes are same but having different funtion modules ONE FOR OUTPUT AND OTHER FOR INPUT both are customized "ZIDOC_OUTPUT_xxxx" AND "ZIDOC_INPUT_xxxxx". I guess this part is creating issue to me. ZIDOC_INPUT_xxxxx is empty which doesn't contains any source code.

The reqmt is very urgent. Any help in identifying the issue will be appreciated

Thanks

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your partner profile in transaction WE20. The partner profile is critical because it ties together several peices of the ALE process (message types, IDoc types, process codes, partner functions, application identifiers, message function, output type, and port). If you haven't already, create your partner profile in WE20 and specify the mesasge types that you'll be transferring (in the inbound and outbound parameters). There you will specify the logical system DEVCLNT300 and associate it with the message type you want to transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael and Harrison for the reply. I have found the issue in inbound partner profile and corrected it. Now idoc is posted perfectly. I have one more requirement to send the same idoc to an external system in the same flow itself.

ECC 5.0->3.1I->External system (The same idoc should be send to the external system from ECC 5.0 using we19 transaction) Is this possible? I have configured the outbound parameters and message control in the receiving system with the port pointing to External system and process code for sending out the message.

But still it is not working and I am not able to see any outbound idoc from 3.1I system for the same idoc number.

Pls provide some help on this too.

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be simple, is it possible to send idoc from ECC 5.0 to external system (TCP/IP destination) through 3.1I. Any help is really appreciated

Thanks

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is still less clarity in the question. My scenario is a little weird but this is what I need to do. I want to send idoc from ECC 5.0 to 3.1I and then to external system. I did succeed in sending idoc from ECC 5.0 to 3.1I but not further to external system. How can I achieve this scenario using ALE. A detailed step by step approach would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks a lot .

Ricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I did and didn't succeed. In the inbound partner profile, I maintained outbound parameters which points to port and RFC destination to external system so that whenever the idoc comes in the 3.1I system it sends the same to external system. I didn't maintain the distribution model from 3.1I to external system which I think worthless. Pls note that I cannot change the architecture in any way. And would like the suggestions to be in sync with the architecture. Thanks a lot and appreciate any help

Thanks

Ricky

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way is to do it with a distribution model

(even if you don't need it)

create a distribution model in BD64

(sender DEVCLNT300 with message type DESADV)

save it and from there - generate partner profiles

then everything will work

rembmer to check the partner function in We20

(maybe you don't need LS and you have it or the other way round)

but try with bd64 first - it will work

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>