cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UTF-8 to non-unicode RFC - encoding

0 Kudos

Hi,

I get data via SOAP UTF-8 and send them with some simple mappings to a RFC receiver non-unicode. How can I post special characters?

In sender payload i see and i expected to get A & B in SAP but i get A & B in SAP. In the RFC receiver adapter i don't see any setting for codepage.

Anyone an idea?

Regards

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The using of escape sequence &amp;amp; has nothing to do with the code page, it is a standard for transporting the characters < > " and & inside XML tags.

The RFC adapter should transfer the escape sequences back, in my tests with XI 3.0 SP 19 it workes fine.

Let me know which SP level you have forXI and what system is the receiving R/3 system.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first thing is that XI is unicode so if you are sending special char which are UTF-8 encoded then you should be seeing them in XI in the payload monitor. Can you check that first?

Now if the target is Not Unicode then what is the encoding on the target side? You can encode these special chars in XI and then pass it on in the encoding format the target system expects. One more thing in the SM59 transaction in XI for the Receiving R/3 system you can specify the Char Set encoding. Make sure you check and based on that your encoding should work. try this out.

thanks

Ashish