cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Database level syncronize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have primary SAP instance exists in USA.

SAP primary Intance [Sql2005] exists in USA need to syncronize with SAP instance[secondary] [SQL 2005] in Autralia at database level.
SAP instance [SQL 2005] in Autralia is not for disaster recovery purpose. SAP instance [SQL 2005] in Autralia connected to Warehouse server for enterprise analysis purpose.

In this case database level transaction log shipping from SAP primary Intance [Sql2005] exists in USA to   [secondary] [SQL 2005] in Autralia

is possible or not.?.

Note:

SAP instance [secondary] in Autralia is only allowed to read <there is no changes allowed>

Thanks & Regards

Thiurmalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

Theoratically this (log shipping) is possible. Please check OSS note 1101017.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1101017

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thank you for quick reply.

I gone through the note  1101017 and LogShippingBestPractices.pd file

SAPSQLLS.doc->step by step guide for log shipping for SAP.

All the above documentations are talks about the database disaster recovery purpose.

out planned Syncronizaion is not for disaster recovery purpose

SAP Instance exists in USA need to synchronizes with secondary server in Australia.

Seconday server in Australia is connected to Warehouse server.

I was wondering whether log shipping method replication from SAP Instance[USA] to secondary server[Australia] is applicabl or not? [While secondary server is online with read only allowed]

Thanks

Thirumalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thiru,

There is no need to be so focussed on the DR part. The secondary database is either a backup or is used for DR purpose. Your requirement is not standard and very rare.So to expect documentation to explicitily refect that is probably expecting a little too much.So you can ignore the DR thing and adapt this documentation  to suit your requirements.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

One clarification.. When  I say "The secondary database is either a backup" I mean a backup in case of the DB server going done (in case say cluster is not implemented).. Kind of hot standy backup and not actual "Backup' as we know it,,Actual backup on tapes or any other media  should anyways be carried out.That is because any corruption or lost data in primary would also reflect in secondary.