cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 700 EHP 1 classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the SRM classic scenario for creating material SC's .the follow on documents requisition(RQ) and reservation(RS) are created in ECC. Once the RQ is converted to a PO in ECC, we are able to create the confirmation for the PO in ECC.

We can also create confirmation in SRM as a requestor at the Shopping cart level but If I logon to SRM as operational purchaser i cannot see the PO that has been created in ECC.

so my main question is in classic scenario, can we see the PO created in ECC as a operational purchaser in SRM and be able to create confirmation for the

pO in SRM??

The other concern is in the follow on documents tab in the shopping cart details i can see the PO/ RQ/RS number but there is no link to these numbers to be able to access the SAP GUI transaction to view the follow on documents from SRM portal. CAn we achieve this?

Thanks,,

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you use the harmonized portal roles (ones which have both ERP_SRM in their names), you can open the purchasing documents from all connected ERP and SRM systems  from Portal.

Yes from SRM you can post confirmations for classic PO.

If you want to see the links for documents created in ECC from the Tracking tab/History tab, you need to switch on customizing switch SRM_701_LINK_TO_ERP. Once this is done, all the links for ECC documents can be opened from SRM Portal.

Refer to following documentation:

You can directly access back-end documents that are referenced in SAP SRM purchasing documents. By clicking the corresponding link, the back-end document is displayed in a separate window.

To implement this function, activate the Customizing switch Link to SAP ERP Documents (SRM_701_LINK_TO_ERP) in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under:  SRM Server  Cross-Application Basic Settings  Integration with Other SAP Components  Integration with SAP ERP Activate Linking to SAP ERP Documents  .

For more information, see Links to SAP ERP Documents.

Note NOTE

The Customizing switch Link to SAP ERP Documents (SRM_701_LINK_TO_ERP) is compatible with Procurement for Public Sector (PPS) and is revertible.

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I went through the documentation for the customizing switch SRM_701_LINK_TO_ERP and my understanding is that we have to be on ECC 6 SP3 or higher to be able to use this customizing switch in SRM 701 to link the backend documents.

We are on ECC 5.0 with SRM 701so my question is how can I enable the link to backend documents for the SRM release in question?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sapna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

IN Classic scenario the ERP system is the leading system and follow on document purchaser order is created in ERP and only a reference (PO number) is sent to SRM. This reference information is what you see in the Shopping Carts's Related documents tab.

So as explained  the PO is created in ERP, you cannot view the same in SRM. You will have to login to ERP SAPGUI and view the PO.

If you use the CPPR functionality then purchaser with harmonized role can view the ERP PO in HTML for GUI format. Here what you need to understand is purchaser will be accessing the ERP PO from the portal.

Regards

Sam