cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a strange printer issue. User A in printer 1 is printing notification from CIC0 Tcode and instead of 1 copy it is printing 10 copies.

I searched scn & found that in SPAD Tcode in output attributes tab we can change the option to send only 1 copy request for printing.

I maintained it.

Now again the same user if he tries to print he still has same issue. But a different user logs into same desktop & tries after maintaining this setting

& finds that only 1 copy is printed correctly.

If we print in a different printer using User A account its printing only 1 copy.

If I give a test print page for checking printer settings from windows its printing only 1 copy.

I believe since we do not normally configure printer settings for every user the above option should work fine for User A.

Kindly share your valuable inputs.

AWF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jeff_yong3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all settings are checked, please look into the print program if you have customized it.

Cheers.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sorry for delay in response. I am sure that no customisation has been done. Its the standard CIC0 Tcode wherein they are printing the notification and there is no custom logic attached to this.

I would like to confirm whether its issue with the printer or with SAP setting. But I am clueless about how to confirm whether printer is not working properly.

I tried with printing a test page from windows. Its printing single copy of test page. Is there some other means by which I can validate whether issue is with printer?

Because users using the printer tell me that they are getting the issue from the day this printer came. Also all the 5 users using that printer have same issue. But I have to practically show them that its issue with printer and only then it will be replaced.

AWF.

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aspire,

I think the issue is with the Customizing settings or Driver program for that particular User or terminal from which print out has been issued.

To ensure that , please put break-point in driver program at OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES and      c heck what values are getting populated and how.

This will give you idea why 10 copies are getting printed for a User profile on particular printer.

You can also check below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/812051

Best Regards,

Sachin

former_member184497
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check spool settings in SP01.

Go to printer settings and check number of copies given over there.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sorry for delay in response. I observe that after printing there is no entry in SP01 and its empty. Is there some option which has to be enabled for the entry to be available in SP01 or is it because that after giving print since it instantly prints in the printer the entry does not appear in SP01.

Kindly help me in this regard.

AWF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harshad,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Currently we are not getting popup for the user. No of copies is picked automatically.

I will try the option suggested by you & keep you posted.

I believe if we delete the default printer user has to enter the no of copies manually each time. It will be fine to test it once for checking where exactly the issue is.

But users will not accept to enter no of copies each time on screen.

Kindly let me know if its possible to set the no of copies in SAP.

AWF

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For User A, goto SU3 & check the parameters which are being passed with default values. Looks like for number of copies, value 10 is passed.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever we try to print, SAP gives a popup to provide Printer and further details.

On that screen we have a option to give number of copies to print. Check if for that user if that value is set to 10.

If you are not getting the popup for the user, then remove the default printer set for that user using menu System-> Own data and try again