cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message at Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to set a error message at sales order level if say material A having base unit of measure NR(piece).

When user will to create a sales order for say any partial quantity say 0.5, 1.5 ,2.5, etc...

The user should get error message that "Please take the round quantity for material A " & should restrict to create Sales Order.

I have tried to do by maintaing the Deliver unit =1 at sales org .1 tab of material master.

The system gives normal message but if ignored it allows to create a sales order.

But our requirement is to restrict to create a sales order with partial quantity.

Your reply is highly expected & appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiI Rock,

Was my answer helpful to you?

Umesh Karane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rock,

YOu should take a help of a ABAP and write a validation in the user-exit that gets executed while saving the Order.

In the validation ,you check the Order qty from the table  ,schedule line table - VBEP and the order qty field -WMENG.,

If it's in WHOLE numbers without decimals ,then you can proceed to SAVE,else give a ERROR message and do not SAVE the Order.

Let me know if you still have a query or is this useful to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Umesh Karane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rock,

Why don't you try to change the Warning message you mentioned to Error?

Check the following:

• Transaction SM30
  • View: V_160M
  • Maintain
    • Position:
      • Area: V4
      • Change the Category to E.

Hope it's useful.

Regards,

Ornella

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with any of the following sale order exits:-

• USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in the program MV45AFZZ
  • USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in the program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The system gives normal message but if ignored it allows to create a sales order."

What is the message number that you are seeing here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Se38 enter program mv45afzz.

Scroll down to where you see USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

If you can write codes do so here or take help of your ABAPer and they can write code to enter only whole numbers here and only then will you be able to save the document or you will get an error message.

hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hello,

you can use the userexit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE of programm MV45AFZZ to check specific data before saving the order.

Benni