Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to PR generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some basic questions as below :-

In proj definition- Valuated stock is ticked .

I am looking to generate a PR for Non stock item from network :-

In my project - currently when i am entering item category N -in activity  with Header assigned networks - i am getting the below options :-

Reservation for Network,

Reservation for WBS element ,

Reservation +PR for WBS ,

Prelim prequsition for WBS ,

3rd party requsition for WBS

So not clear here - I would like to get PR for network -->

1. What are the conditions to generate PR from network :-

I know that item category should be N , anything more required here ?

regards

giri..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giri,

Std SAP has supplied three options for project stock which we maintain in Profile Profiles.

1. Valuated Project Stock.

2. Non- Valuated Project Stock.

3. No stock.

you can serach for more details in forum as well in SAP help sites.

Now coming to procurement scenarios, which were exclusively dependent on material master data settings. Material Master data drives how the procurement be procured internally (production), external (vendor supplied) and assembly processing (advance procurement) and STPO (stock trnasport orders) from one plant (delivering plant) to another plant (receiving plant).

Please go through forum and understand the basic settings of material master data so that you will get clear views on what is what and how these settings are being influenced to have different procurement scenarios.

Hope with above it would be clear for you that there is no relation to selecting the Valuation Stock in your profile.

What Valuated stock does, for every goods movement it will post the cost and creates FI document in the system.

Where as Non-Valuated stock - no FI documemen for goods movement. If project stock, cost will hit the project at the time of goods receipt (statistical cost element would be set up for warehouse) and stock items (plant stock items) costs will hit when PGI (post goods issue) performed against project delivery.

Note that if you select the Project stock as "No Stock" in profile, system never allows you to have project stock rather any kind of stock.  Here clearly no inventories!!!.

Please go through SAP help and forum so that you will see various threads and documents for review and understanding issue better.

Let expers correct me if wrong or add your views.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (0)