Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Access Control 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been asked to setup GRC access control 10 on our Solution manager 7.1 sp9.

i have installed the ABAP Component GRCFND_A V1000 sp08 and GRCPINW V1000_700.

We have ECC landscape where we want to monitor the access to users.

So do i need to install the ERP plug-in also?

And how can i configure and use access control 10.

In Virsa we to execute /n/virsa/zvrat to check for conflicts and use rule architect to setup rules.

How can use acesss risk analysis in AC 10.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

14 REPLIES 14

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You really want to get someone who has done this before to help you....

This is much more about business procaess than it is about technology. My advice would be to hire a consultant for a few days.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i really appreciate your quick reply.

This is for our internal systems and would be used as demo system for clients so i have to do it on my own.I can take help of functional guys to set up business process and identify risks.

So please suggest any documents that i can go through to start atleast.

Regards

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK then - here is a list of installation documents:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8562

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to install the plug-in ...make sure you meet the dependencies before you install this...link provided is the best for initial setup ..,

0 Kudos

Hi,

The installation of GRC Access Control is done with n/w plugin.

I have a doubt i.e in previous versions i use to access CC using the link

http://XXXXXXXX:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/ComplianceCalibrator

Now since the CC has been replaced by ARA, how can i access ARA from ABAP side.?

Do i need GRC java component also?

Since Solman is dual stack so can i use the java stack to deploy the GRC java component.

Regards

0 Kudos

in GRC 10 you use NWBC client to access , AFAIK you dont need java component.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me the URL.

Like for accessing  solman  through NWBC  i am using http://XXXXXXXXXX:8000/sap/bc/nwbc

For accessing GRC what would be the URL?

Regards

0 Kudos

i  think i am confused here now..., you run nwbc tcode in your grc system and then mention the specific role .., but you need to configure it first for your client via spro customizing

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you haven't read ALL of the documents I pointed you to, especially the post installation activities (else you wouldn't be thinking you could run it already....).

And I think you may start to understand my initial comment.

Frank.

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I understand that it requires an expert.

But there is monetary aspect linked to it also.

And i believe with help of experts like you and others on SCN and there guidance i can pull it off.

Regards

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Of course you can, but it's going to be a lot easier if you follow the documentation through completely _first_ (which might take you a day or two for the post installation activities...) and _then_ ask for stuff that does not work as documented.

Frank.

0 Kudos

Seriously, do what Frank suggests and read through all the documentation first. I've tried to cut corners as you are trying, for exactly the same reasons. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. The amount of grief you get when it doesn't pay off isn't worth it. I don't do it any more...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Take help of someone who has installed it in lab/production environment. A friend of mine spent a lot of time setting it up but had lot of issues, then he consulted with someone who was teaching GRC and had experience in setting it up.

Thank you,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.