cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorganizing tablespace with BRSPACE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone through sap note "646681" for tablespace re-organization. I have query regarding the same. I am using whole tablespace export import method. Here i need to use the parallel degree option.

Below is the commnd given in the note

"brspace -u / -f tbexport -s <reorg_tsb> -t "*" -u <dump dir>

If i want to use parallel option along with above command how i can do it OR is it possible or not? Please if you can tell me the correct syntax will help.

Exiting command

brspace -u / -f tbexport -s PSAPSR3 -t "*" -u /export/dump

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know you cannot use parallel processes when using tbexport option but you can with tbreorg.

What are you trying to reorganize?... If you give us a bigger picture we can give you a better answer

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reply..

I am doing export / import using brspace as per note give earlier. Here i need to know whether i can use parallel option with brspace or not while doing export import to make it little faster.

Can i use something like below

brspace -u / -f tbexport -p 6 -s PSAPSR3 -t "*" -u /export/dump

Is it possible?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you consider using tbreorg instead?... Basically you can reorg into a new tablespace and then simple delete the original and rename the new tablespace when its finished.

tbreorg allows the use of parallel processes.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I need to use export import.

I have below link which i found now. It says it is possible with expdp. I do not know what is difference in exp and expdp.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/adb96ac5b462d1e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

I executed brspace command

and with -p option

and got the result as attached in file.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

exp and expdp (datapump) are oracle utilities. Data Pump supports parallel processing..exp doesn't.

Importantly while SAP says you can use it ; it doesn;t support it. So if there are screws up you have to handle it yourself.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruchit is right. If you are using tbexport i'll go for option 1 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the note number 976435 where sap said we can do it but the command syntax is little different. We need to user database user.

But can you please let me know any document from sap where they said they will not support?

This is important as they have release this note recently.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You may have a point here. Sometime back SAP wasn't supporting data pump but now probably they reverted their stance. I think a safe option would be to check with SAP.

Regards.

Ruchit.