cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply filter to specific Measure or Dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, hope you´re great!

I would like to know if it´s possible to apply a filter/restriction to a specific measure/dimension in Information Design Tool - Business Layer.

I´ve tried to add native SQL in the where clause of a measure, however, when I run a query or BO Explorer 4.0 where this object is present, this filter is applyed to the entire range of data.

Thanks in advance,

Cristina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use case when then else formula in your universe.

SUM(

case @select(P&L_WITH_BALANCE_SHEET\Business Explorer Dimension\G/L Account)

when '0000176001' 

then @catalog('P&L_WITH_BALANCE_SHEET')."PUBLIC"."IZFIGL_BE"."0SALES")

else cast(0 as decimal)

end

)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

use this

Filtered

measure /

Restricted                           

key figure:

Single

(([Measures].[0D_INV_QTY],

[0CALQUARTER].[19981],

[0D_DIV].[7])

refer to the link below for more info

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0a45246-ce76-2b10-e688-f5c820620...

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christina,

Dimension is just an object we define, but the data is actually bought from the database. If we apply filter to an object and run it it will get the complete data after applying the conditrion within the query.

Why are you looking at this requirememt. Are you trying to restrict a data for a dimension before it actually runs within the report query?

Lets try to work out this way, can we do something similar from a database side? If yes, we can try tweaking it at IDT

Regards,

Laxminarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Laxminarayana,

Let me explain a little bit better my requirement.

I have created a relational connection to a BW multiprovider, in order to index this universe in Explorer. I would like to replicate some filters I have applied to a BEX Query, in this universe. And there are filters specific for some measures, for example, Planned Sales, which has a restriction by VERSION. So the question is if I can create a measure, applying this filter, but only for this specific measure... All the others would bring the whole data, withou restriction by version.

It would be another select, but I couldn´t realize if it´s possible or not.

thanks,

Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristina - I am trying to accomplish the same thing.  Let me know if you get the answer, I will let you know if I figure it out. 

Thanks,

Matt

Message was edited by: Matthew Brown From Business Layer, created a measure and use the sql select/ where boxes to filter. example.  one of my measures is net rev and the other is computer hardware. for comp hardware: select box = SUM(@catalog('P&L_WITH_BALANCE_SHEET')."PUBLIC"."IZFIGL_BE"."0SALES") where box = @select(P&L_WITH_BALANCE_SHEET\Business Explorer Dimension\G/L Account)='0000176001' so, it seems to work by only summing (aggr) the measure 0sales when the gl account = 17....