Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDS-MDM

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in MDM for closely one year. Now I am planning to learm GDS-MDM, hence I want few details about GDS-MDM.

1. What is GDS-MDM all about?

2. Do I need to learn Java or any other programming language like ABAP for working in GDS?

3. Does GDS-MDM has a good career ahead?

4. How to get started with GDS-MDM.

Please help! Thanks.

Regards,

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shanthi,

1) gds-mdm is to save master data that is globally used. the data about customers, vendors, products that is available and needed globaly ,here usage of gds-mdm comes. 1sync is recommended technology for that. Get some information about it first.

2)functionaly its not required but technicaly its required, some times we need customization than we can use ava api.

3) yes , sure, no doubt, in this fast growing industrial network, gds-mdm has a good future.

4)first learn mdm, than learn how gds works, what is 1sync, flow of data (from data pool to mdm and vice versa), you will find a lot of document on internet.

Regards

Nitish sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

Before Going to GDS-MDM. first of all you have to know what exactly is GDS. Below is a very brief introduction of it.

GDS(Glodal Data Synchronization) is a process for exchange of master data's(product,supplier) in the Glodal Data Synchronization Network(GDSN) built around global data pools like. Transora and UCCnet.

There are Various components of GDS:

1). GDS Console

2). Process Integration and AS2 Adapter.

3). MDM Console

4). MDM Server and Repository

5). ERP Backend System

• GDS-MDM is used to store the Golden Record which can be used globally.
  • Well, some basic knowledge of ABAP may required if you want to do some customizations.
  • There is no second thought about the great future of GDS-MDM.
  • As you already working in MDM environment for nearly a year. You just need to understand what GDS is? How is it Integrated?. What is Data Pools? What is 1 Sync? What is Global repository etc..

After getting the knowledge of all these basic questions.You can start working with GDS-MDM.

Below is a link reagrding GDS-MDM

http://saptrainingsonline.com/sap-mdm-tips/sap-mdm-gds-operation/

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal