Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with content conversion

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I'm facing a problem with content conversion. I have a payload with this structure :

<MT_INDUSTRY>

<HEADER>

<FILE>file0001.xml</FILE>

<EMAIL>aaaa@aaa.com</EMAIL>

</HEADER>

<ITEM>

<DOCUMENT>10000023</DOCUMENT>

<DATE>12122007</DATE>

</ITEM>

<ITEM>

<DOCUMENT>10000024</DOCUMENT>

<DATE>12122007</DATE>

</ITEM>

</MT_INDUSTRY>

In the content conversion, i select recordset 'ITEM', because in the result flat file i want only 'DOCUMENT' and 'DATE' from ITEM node.

i have set the attributes to define the file ...

item.addHeaderLine 0

item.fieldFixedLengths 10,8

item.endSeparator nl

In RWB, i get an error. The system tries to make the file with node HEADER and because the attributes are not defined, i get the error.

Does anyway know how to do the content conversion only with the node ITEM ?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.

I have set ITEM as recordset.

The problem is that i have to use one field of HEADER and all the fields of ITEM.

HEADER contains the name of the file that will be created. With variable substitution, i create the name of the file.

Then ITEM contains all the fields that compose the flat file. That's why i cant disable HEADER.

any other solution?

Regards.

Inigo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Variable substitution can be replaced by Adapter specific identifiers from SP14.

Check this Micheals blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

you can give the required name in that UDF.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What have you set as the recordset structure in content conversion? The ITEM field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the message mapping on Header --> Right click --> Disable Field. It will disable all the fields in the Header. Then you can use only the Item fields in your file. But you have to give both Header and Items in your content conversion. But for header you mentioned fieldfixed lenghts as 0.

Try this out. It should resolve your issue.

...Satish