cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Inspection with material characteristics and inspection with Task list.

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I am new to QM and this is the first time I am using QM module.

What is the difference between Inspection with material characteristics and inspection with Task list.

Can someone tell me the exact difference and its usage.

Please explain me in short the steps for Inspection with Material specification and Inspection with Task list.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material specs can also be used in conjunction with task lists.

Please look at this thread.  It may take you several reads to get through it and understand it.  If you have any specific questions, let us know.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=337723&p=1025772&hilit=Material+specification+ins...

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before asking such basic questions please google it you will find lot of answers.

In simple terms Material specification  is an option to that of Inspection plan.

Inspection plan is defined & created at plant level for the material.  But Material specs are created for a material and can be used for all the plants. This means it is created at client level.  You can only use MIC in the materials specs.  You cannot use DMR & Inspection points, Operation etc in material specs, where these things can be used in inspection task list.

Once used material specs. for a material then it can be used at any plant.

Regards

Hari