Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail :- Hard-coded MM03 call in ME23N when viewing Article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following scenario in SAP Retail.

In a SAP for Retail system, I was having Users getting Authorization Errors for MM03.

Within ME23N when opening an Article, it was calling MM03, then being pushed straight to MM43 (being a retail SAP system).

The business does not want users accessing MM03.

After some investigation with an ABAPer, it was discovered that MM03 was hardcoded in Function Module MMPUR_MATERIAL_DISPLAY.

Being a retail system it would then push to MM43.

But the whole process would fail as there was no Access to MM03.

The only solution I have to solve this was to grant Users access to MM03. (Which in the end I don't think is a major issue or is it?)

Does anyone know if this is fixed in subsequent releases of SAP for Retail?

Currently I am on Release 700, Support Package SAPKA70012.

Or have a solution for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

The TCDCOUPLES shows 'check indicator'= X for ME23N calling MM03, which means a S_TCODE check for MM03. Ideally changing that value to 'N' via tcode SE97 should suppress the S_TCODE check for MM03. Did you try that?

Thanks

Sandipan

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malcolm,

The TCDCOUPLES shows 'check indicator'= X for ME23N calling MM03, which means a S_TCODE check for MM03. Ideally changing that value to 'N' via tcode SE97 should suppress the S_TCODE check for MM03. Did you try that?

Thanks

Sandipan

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also suggest to raise a message with SAP. They should fix this. A quick fix that keeps authorization check is using enhancement framework to redefine FM to call ME43. Your ABAPer should be able to help you with this. It's not a long FM so it won't be a big problem.

Cheers