cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Registration without SUS or XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I do Supplier (Vendor) Registration without SUS or XI? If not, what are my limitations?

I am using SRM server 5.5, and am not using CCM as the supplier directory. I am not using questionnaires. ROS_SELF_REG works. However, I can’t notify vendors via email of acceptance. Because I don’t have SUS, I can’t use SRMSUS_SELFREG and SRMSUS_SELFEDIT, correct? To do User Registration, can I use ROS_SELF_EDIT?

How is workflow WS10000209 (Approving External User Master Record) used?

I appreciate any feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do self registration w/o XI and SUS will only be used for the Admin of the vendor company to create the USER ID's for his vendors.Refer the foll link for the process flow:

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/8F152C1AE8F1426FA3B442F905815F54.htm

For this you need to maintain a seperate client for ROS where the vendor will regsiter thru ROS_SELF_REG.Then he will be screened & accepted and trasnferred from the ROS client(Supplier directory) to EBP.Then he will be enhnaced with the function VENDOR/PORTAL BIDDER after which a Contact person for him is created in EBP and then a registration URL/Link will be sent to the Adminsitrator of Vendor company's email ID.Through this link,he can create the user iD's for his vendors(srmsus_selfreg).For the email to be sent,your SCOT settings need to be complete.

Also,you just need to define the Supplier directory(ROS client) of the type "SUPPL_DIR" in the SPRO link:

Supplier Relationship Management>SRM Server>Technical Basic Settings-->Define Backend Systems

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

It's difficult to give a reply hre, but let me give it a try...For more details, try the links given above by other friends.

You do not need SUS for Self-registration.

COnfig

1)Create another client for ROS.

2)Create RFC destination for EBP system in new client. Similarly, maintain RFC dest for ROS client in EBP system.

3)Maintain backend systems for ROS system in EBP and EBP system in ROS.

4)Configure some product categories (need not replicate from ERP) to be used during registration.

5)Configure the IMG settings for Supplier Self-registration (they are easy..just go through them once.

6)Configure SCOT settings (check notes 455140) for outbound & inbound mails.

7)Maintain org plan for purchasing org (ppoma_bbp)& vendor group(ppomv_bbp). No need for elaborate org plan like in EBP...just simple org plan.

😎 Maintain table BBP_marketp_info (Txn:SM30)

9) Activate ROS_SELF_REG, ROS_prescreen etc ROS services in SICF

10) Maintain client and logon info in ROS_SELF_REG service (SICF)

11) In EBP client, maintain SAP client parameter for role SAP_EC_BBP_ST_PURCHASER for BSP link preselect suppliers (right click and change node details).

12) Maintain catalog call structure settings in EBP client IMG for the ROS supplier directory. The URL shd be taken from ros_prescreen attributes in ROS client.

Process:

1) With the service ROS_SELF_REG, a partner can register. System creates a BP (prospect) in the ROS client.

2) An email is sent to the given email id

3) Fill the attachment and click 'send survey' button. An email is sent to the system and system copies the survey response to the registered business partner

4) From EBP client, click on preselect suppliers. System launches the ROS client registrations listing screen.

5) Check the suppliers registered, check the data and accept/reject the supplier registration

6) Accepted suppliers data can be pulled into EBP through 'Maintain Business Partners' transaction and create supplier (bidder/vendor) in EBP client.

Hope it helps

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DIsha,

Can you please mention here the SCOT settings required for sending emails.Also can you please specify whether ROS client and SUS are always in the same box?

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

few more questions- 1.How the vendor from ROS client will be transfered to EBP?

2.Is contact person as you mentioned is the administrator here?

3. How the registration link will be sent to the administrator?

Thanks and regards

Kapil

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

Pl check my reply above for the settings.

Other things:

1) ROS and SUS can be on the same client.

2) Vendor from ROS to EBP : Check my detailed reply above

3) Your 2&3 relate to ROS-SUS link. When you replicate a vendor from MM or when you create a portal vendor in EBP, system sends the link to Supplier email id.

The registration link URL is defined in IMG for SUS settings -- business partner settings

Hope it helps

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thank u so much for ur response. I have certain confusion in the registration process:-

Is the process like this- 1. Once the supplier has registered, We need to screen the supplier. Am i right? Which we do using option preselect vendor- there we check the general details of the supplier and then send the questionnaire survey to him. Now supplier answer the same and send it back to the purchaser. Purchaser again go to preselect vendors and check the answers, now purchaser can either select or reject the vendor. Once he accepts the vendor, we can go to manage business partner and create this portal vendor. Now once the vendor gets created system sends the user management link which is sus_selfreg applicaiton link to the supplier email id.

Please let me know if i m correct upto this point?

2. Can you please tell me in details- how the supplier screening settings are maintained? I will go to PFCG- SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASERRole-Menu-Business partner-Screen supplier-right click-change nodes- then what?

URL is not appearing in the change nodes screen. Only thing I can view is BSP application, start page and description.Then below this i can see Parameter Name and value. Please tell me what exactly i need to fill up here?Points will be awarded for all the answers.

Thanks and regards

Kapil

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

1) In the first para...questionnaires are sent to vendor automatically on registration; no need for buyer to send them. Rest of the understanding is fine.

2) Parameter 'sap-client' and value ' give ROS client'

Best regards

Ramki

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

You can do this in EBP itself.

If the external business partner and employee have not yet been registered, external employees can register the company as a vendor, bidder, or portal bidder and register themselves as the contact person of that company.

In the Enterprise Buyer system, registered employees of external business partners, for example vendors and bidders, can submit additional employees from their company to be registered as contact persons in the Enterprise Buyer system.

For details please see SAP link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm30/helpdata/en/4c/07053883ccbc3ae10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Please click on each hyperlinks in the page mentioned above.

regards,nishant

<b>Please reward points if this helps.</b>