Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES workspace-service operation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I m going through ES workspace. I have some doubt in this. when i reached

Purchase Order Processing(ECC) - Purchase Order Analytical Source Data(Process Component Interaction View) this is structure diagram.

In this when i checked with "Inform of Purchase Order Creation"(asynchronous outbound  service operation) in this "Detailed Element Description" i got "input message" ->"PurchaseOrderCreatedInformation"  and no output message.

How it is possible because to get input message in Inbound sevice is okay but "Purcahse order event out" is outbound service and it should have output message not input message???

Thnaks in Advance,

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Should we start with what you're expecting to see and why you expect to see output message at all?

First and most important thing to understand is that Outbound and Inbound SAP Enterprise Services have no relationship to whether the messages are input or output.

I might be missing your question but I think you're looking for synchronous webservice behaviour, i.e. Request and corresponding response. If that's the case then you are not going to find that here. SAP Enterprise services are largely asynchronous using WS-RM. That alllows one to re-try messages in error for business critical data exchange. So an Outbound (from where the request is initiated) enterprise service structure could (and do in lots of cases) be identical to an inbound (where the request is destined for) enterprise service.

The output message that you might be looking for would be triggered by a separate outbound interface (automatically or as the result of a user action) from the side that received the original request to the system that sent the original request, a correlation then takes place between the original request and the 'confirmation' that comes back.

You won't find synchronous behaviour (request & wait for response) unless the service is Synchronous. Does that help, not sure if I completely understood your question.

Regards, Trevor