cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in generation of a 3rd party PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this module,may be i am asking a simple question , but my issue is i am not able to generate a 3rd party PR,

I am using Activity assigned network ..

I am entering component with item category as L and puttting correct procurement indicator - which has 3rd party PR ticked in config.

Not sure whether this config is reuqired but in OPTT for  , I have put O for option "Third party requisition -WBS element "

The component has procurement type as F -External procurement ..

The project profile has -Valuated project stock indicator marked.

The component has individual requirements -1 , in MM02

Still after using this component - by selecting proper procurement indicator - system generates me a reservation for WBS but not a 3rd party PR

Anybody- please let me know how this actually works ....

Thanks!!

giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category L is not intended for third party (drop ship) items. Item category L is supposed to use for stock items.

Third party items never have goods receipt in stock and it should be designated as N.

Check item category group on tab Sales 2 should be BANS. Check this one and ask your Master data team to correct this item category group.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs . I am still unclear here :-

Now- i have entered item category N  ,maintained purchase data , when i click enter i got this pop up -

with Reservation for Network,Reservation for WBS element ,Reservation +PR for WBS ,Prelim prequsition for WBS ,3rd party requsition for WBS ..

From above i have select 3rd party requisition for WBS - and entered address ..

But still could not create PR- could you please clarify -?

I think i am not using correct material type here .., let me know which material type i need to use ..

Thanks !!!

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see my earlier post wherein I have stated clearly that Item category group in Master data might be the probelm.

You can check the item category group using MMO3, input the material number and select the org tab Sales Org 2... here you will see the item category group.

I guess it might have been set as NORM instead of BANS.

Actaully if ICG defined as NORM and then ICI - 1 then master data settings was wrong.

Please correct material master data to

Item categrou group - BANS

Individual collective indicator (ICI) - 1

Talk to your MM team and delete the component if you have already placed on project network. Again re-create the material and select the procurement scenario as 3rd party requistion for WBS.

Hope this will solve your issue and let me know.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharkar,

I communicated wrongly-I was using Header Assigned networks ..       

Thanks for your inputs. I have already maintained item category as BANS- but was getting error that material purchasing data was not maintained.. , now after extending material to S.loc - i was able to create 3rd party PR for WBS, with item category N, Account assignment is Q ..,Special stock is Q ..

But i was able to create a 3rd party PR for WBS with item category L also .. ,not sure i think system takes project valuated stock + MM Settings + Procurement type (selecting 3rd party PR for WBS ) but not item category ..

Now after PR - i would proceed with PO but one more open question is - If is material is delivered to the delivery address-like from PS side what steps we need to perform after PO creation ...?

Regards

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vendor will ship directly to shipping address provided in PO (third party location) not to warehouse.

Then process in Invoice for vendor payment.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (0)